Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

FIXED
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

@muymalestado, @mort7890, @Jaggies - Aware that all of yours are still not working and hit and miss. BT have been made aware again this morning.

@Kevin, I recall sending yours to BT in November and have repeatedly contacted them since then to no avail.  I've sent a strongly worded mail over today stating 114 days without an update is not acceptable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@scrookes wrote:

stating 114 days without an update is not acceptable.

That would be an understatement to say the least, that's shocking.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

@scrookes - much as I admire your attempts to get BTw to fix these problems I don't think the problem relates to individual connections - as I and others have said sometimes further diagnostics works, and sometimes it doesn't, and it's been like that for years.

My connection has been up without interruption for nearly 7 weeks so presumably no change to routing or gateways etc, yet further diagnostics still seems to please itself as to whether it's going to work at any given attempt.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

I don't think the problem relates to individual connections - as I and others have said sometimes further diagnostics works, and sometimes it doesn't, and it's been like that for years.

This is due to changes made by BTW that we don't see.  Although you have not changed product or routing, it can be an internal VLAN change that breaks the database.

I'll keep prodding, if I can get someone to take this seriously and look at root cause within their systems, 'maybe' something will be done.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I'll keep prodding

I fear you will be releasing bladder pressure with a breeze blowing in to your face.

Funny you should mention VLAN, as mine wasn't right after I mentioned this to one of your colleagues a few months back.

Anyhoo, having just tested my speed for the benefit of this thread, I also get Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Kevin
Rising Star

@scrookes wrote:

@Kevin, I recall sending yours to BT in November and have repeatedly contacted them since then to no avail.  I've sent a strongly worded mail over today stating 114 days without an update is not acceptable.

Wow, 114 days! I'd forgotten it was that long ago. I'd get the sack if I left faults that long. (BT that is) Ticked_off

Kevin.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@scrookes

Working again for me. Cool

Does anyone remember what the IP Profile should be as a percentage of the sync speed? Mine is 91.6% which seems to be about right.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

You can see the % values here.

mort7890
Pro

Tested again this morning with the following result

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Kevin
Rising Star

Hurrah! It's finally working on my line....

Download speed achieved during the test was - 63.48 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40 Mbps-67.54 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 67.54 Mbps

From Member Centre....

Estimated line speed:80Mb (This may vary between 63Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2017-01-10 15:19:14

Current line speed:67.4 Mb

Thank you @scrookes for your persistence with BT.

Kevin.
mort7890
Pro

Lucky for you, just tested mine again

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Just posting to confirm that since my last post on this thread (10/03/17) the results still show an error occurred so I am unable to raise my concerns regarding my speed being below the lower estimate.

Beyond frustrated!!

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Hi All,

You can still raise concerns to us if you have an open fault.  Agents in the call centre have been made aware that some customers are unable to complete the BT Wholesale performance test without an error.  In those cases, we are asking that you run an alternative test instead and attach the results to a support ticket.  We can use that evidence to push back to our supplier and chase them for you.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Surely you wouldn't even need to run any speed test if your line rate (sync speed) is below the estimate?

mort7890
Pro

But how would you know if it is below estimate if you cannot see it in the test? I requested in a question to inform me of my line profile for me to compare as the test fails but not received the answer and the question is closed.Run a test just now and got the following

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 52.36 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 12.92 Mbps

Keep running it and still not getting results so what alternative do I run.