Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

FIXED
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

Tried it through Firefox and I.E both report the same

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

I would say the best thing to do is wait for scrookes to read this and add you to the list Wink

By all means, keep trying as it can be unpredictable Roll_eyes

davenos
Rising Star

@scrookes The bit i don't get is that the tester was working fine for the first 18 months of my contract and as soon as i was moved over to the new network and encountered numerous problems(that are still ongoing)the tester has failed to work.

If its now showing as you suspect that the UII is showing me as being on old 21c ADSL2 ports then i have to who changed it and why as obviously it has been changed due to it working fine before the network move.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

hmm, new network.....

<sighs>

broken again Sad but is it only for those of us on the new network....?

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Just had the engineer in who swapped me over to a spare pair of wires.. Ran the BTW test and it completed successfully.. but it has worked in the past so..... Also I seem to be on a 45/20 profile Huh

SteveA
Pro

and its broken again...

mort7890
Pro

Still broken and do not know whether on new network or how to tel if I am or not.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Still working for me now.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

@DS

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll be honest and say not seen it yet.  Had a few days off work. Will check today though.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

@davenos

Network records within BT databases are updated when any L2C order is placed by an Communication Provider. 

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

hmm, new network.....

<sighs>

broken again Sad but is it only for those of us on the new network....?

Definitely nothing to do with the "new network" this.  It is purely a records issue on BT side due to any L2C order or modify order.  Moving your account from the "old" to the "new" network will have updated records.  BT database failed to update these records correctly.

In order for the performance tester to work, the Test Server will communicate to one of the databases (UII) to pull the port details for your circuit based on the telephone number you provide.  It will then test the circuit connected to that port.  If the port in the database is invalid, then you will get the error message as it cannot test the circuit.

BT are aware, but due to how many L2C orders are placed and numerous types of failure during placing orders, it will be extremely difficult to identify a specific root cause.  What I have asked them however, is to try to check for "null" or "invalid" values in the database on a regular basis and resolve them without any Comms Provider intervention.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Hi @mort7890,

With regards to your post:

Still broken and do not know whether on new network or how to tel if I am or not.

It doesn't matter which network you are connected to.  That is not relevant at all. I have raised your circuit to BT advising them of the problem and we should expect a response within a few weeks.  Please bear with us as it takes time.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Further diagnostics (ADSL2+) failed to complete this morning having worked for several days on the trot since the previous failure.

Don't think anyone has actually suggested it could be an IP address issue, but my connection has been up for 30 days so it can't be that anyway.

Similar logic suggests it can't be something as straightforward as a BT database mismatch problem either, at least in my case.

SteveA
Pro

In order for the performance tester to work, the Test Server will communicate to one of the databases (UII) to pull the port details for your circuit based on the telephone number you provide.  It will then test the circuit connected to that port.  If the port in the database is invalid, then you will get the error message as it cannot test the circuit.

But why does it work and then not work? Are you saying that any updates to their DB can invalidate random records? Or is that they have multiple DBs and replication screws them up?

mort7890
Pro

First mention I believe of "port details for your circuit based on the telephone number you provide"

If I ring Plusnet regarding anything in the automation process I am asked to input phone number, when I do this plusnet do not recognise my number. Could this be related to the "BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test" being unable to identify the port details for your circuit based on the telephone number provided. (Phone & Broadband withh plusnet)