BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

FIXED
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test Faulty

Still working ok for me.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
davenos
Rising Star

Still not working for me and it hasn't been for months....

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Browni wrote:

@DS wrote:

...therefore either the fix has failed, or the fix for the fix has failed!!

Still working for me...

It was very much hit n miss for me yesterday and it sounds like several tests that completed the third test (with an error message) were not logged to an area that PN could see <insert shrug of shoulders here>, but the first and only attempt today is working here too. (as the OP has fixed this thread, I shall leave it there, but who knows about tomorrow...? heads you win, tails I lose <insert another shrug>)

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Ditto, still not working here. So OP has a fix but lots of us don't.

@Strat Shouldn't the fix be to the post of Plusnet staff member not the OP's own post, if we have to consider it fixed?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Moderate, please removed 'FIXED' as the BTw test has failed again with test error. Try it four times but all the same results with test error.

Back to investigate again with BT. Sad

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BTw speed test with ip profile is now working this morning.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've gone back to BT this morning to advise its either intermittent, or not working as per the last page of this thread.

scrookes
Aspiring Pro

No update yet. Will continue chasing tomorrow
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Latest update from BT.  We have reported several circuits to them including a member of staff who also cannot run the performance test. 

Last update regarding our staff member is:  “Seems that the user can't get an active session with MSE; so this has been raised with another team who should be able to clear this up.” – Our staff member is online and connected. I can 100% confirm a working session.

@davenos - I raised this back in early January for you following our PM and never had a response from BT. Please believe me that I have gone back to them again expressing not just your disatisafaction, but my own.  Your latest reply said "it has been passed to UII for investigation." - This means a database issue is preventing the speed test from working. I suspect your circuit ports are reflecting old 21c ADSL2 ports in UII causing the FTTC performance test to fail.

@DS – BT said this works.  Seems they ignored me when I advised them you were having intermittent issues and especially when completing TAP3.  I've gone back to them again with the same information.

@SpendLessTime – BT said yours works.   They previously said "Couldn't determine a Router model so this has been sent on to the BRAS team for further investigation.”  - I suspect a similar issue to davenos here. More than likely the UII database has invalid records so is failing to identify the correct circuit to test. Again, I have gone back to them stressing this.

@goldenfibre – Works intermittently. Your reports suggest that depends on the server it connects to. Some servers fail to run TAP2 – BT reported it works without reading my comments. Again, as per everyone else, I have gone back to them stressing the intermittent failures in the test.

Sorry for the delay in the update guys, but as you can see, I am doing all I can to resolve. Now back to banging my head against the wall......

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@scrookes

Just tried mine and it worked!

First time since 25th January and I was trying it frequently (several times a week).

However I wouldn't be surprised if my db records are in a mess. It took 2 years to get the db changed to allow me to get FTTP when every neighbour could and since that date the "Further Diag" will only work if I use the Fibre Circuit ID.

Thank you for raising it with BT.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
scrookes
Aspiring Pro

Glad to hear yours is working. I'm still waiting to hear back from my rather long mail chain I updated earlier today.  I've been advised it has been escalated again and suspect that means "It will be escalated tomorrow".

DS
Seasoned Champion

scrookes wrote: (snipped) @DS – BT said this works.  Seems they ignored me when I advised them you were having intermittent issues and especially when completing TAP3.  I've gone back to them again with the same information

, if BTPolice is correctHuh and not telling porkiesRoll_eyes, then youAngel should see a rather lowCry result at your end regarding my connection for yesterday??? - you'll see a drop or two from my end when I changed the username to speedtest@speedtest_domain and the speed is below your lower estimate for my line...Knuppel

(during yesterday - the last test at my end presented the browser has timed out message)

mort7890
Pro

Just tried mine with the following results

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

mort7890
Pro

So re-ran again today with the same result

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Just tried it myself ... and ... it works.

Although this shouldn't make any difference, try another browser.

If it still fails, let this thread know and I'm sure scrookes'll stick you on the list.....

(btw, @scrookes did you ever read the PM sent a few days back? (I know you may have read the email version but at this end the PM shows as unread). Not sure if it will assist investigations on here or on the ongoing TBB thread....? - just a thought)