Did you mean: 

BT Vectoring Trials

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: BT Vectoring Trials

Quote from: Melancholie
Update from ISPReview here.
For those hoping for this to arrive in a hurry not good news, and not especially encouraging as far as node level goes.
Link does'nt work
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
acarneiro
Grafter

Can't help but feel that we're still rolling out FTTC and already we're trying to find "bodges" to mitigate for a technology that really isn't that future-proof.
I know, I know, FTTP would have been way more expensive but in the long run I wonder if it wouldn't have worked out cheaper...
Oh, well...
Melancholie
Grafter

Chrcoluk:
When an errored superframe hits the modem it requests that the DSLAM retransmit that superframe. There will be some jitter caused by the retransmission.
Ask Sky customers how they've found it, they've had G.inp running for a while.
Melancholie
Grafter

lucerne:
Link works fine, check your kit.
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: acarneiro
I know, I know, FTTP would have been way more expensive but in the long run I wonder if it wouldn't have worked out cheaper...

Yes it would've been cheaper in cash terms, however set that against the lost income from FTTC, and the interest payments on the borrowing BT would've done.
Trust me if it had been cheaper BT would've done it that way, the only thing they're happy to overspend on is football.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Quote from: Melancholie

Ask Sky customers how they've found it, they've had G.inp running for a while.

On Fibre? If so, would I be right in thinking (theoretically) you could get a higher sync on the same line with Sky than you would say, Plusnet / BT retail?
Melancholie
Grafter

Sky customers have it running on their own ADSL as they have full control over the lines there. On 'fibre' they run the same profiles, etc, as everyone else.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Yeah of course they do, I should have known that!
AndyH
Grafter

Openreach own the fibre profiles.
As Chris Pettitt said previously, there are some planned changes with regards to those profiles and Openreach invited CPs to put forward what they want (as many as 25 profiles I believe).
With retransmission, they were looking on a larger scale whether the reduction of the errors and the recovery of the line rate justified the the expense/business case of developing it nationwide.
I think the idea is that Openreach will build and develop the profiles and then sell them back to the CPs.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Yes but  Chris Pettitt is no longer in the job role. I think Openreach don't deal with him anymore.
chrcoluk
Grafter

some bad news for ECI cabinet users.
A person who works for openreach has indicated things arent looking good for ECI on a public forum.  It doesnt mean there is going to be no ECI rollout but just he hasnt seen any ECI activity its all Huawei.
Given openreach's silence on ECI questions, and the fact they ceased ECI rollout when they started vectoring trials, I am personally not surprised if this is the case, but worryingly this will create a two tier service with it been a postcode lottery if you get vectoring or not.
Also this thread needs moving to the FTTC section not ADSL.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: chrcoluk
the fact they ceased ECI rollout when they started vectoring trials

They are still installing ECI cabinets.
chrcoluk
Grafter

only in existing ECI areas.
AndyH
Grafter

Some areas are still getting a mix of Huawei/ECI cabinets.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

How do we know what cab has which ?