cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT IP Profile Drastically Changed

rsleyshon

BT IP Profile Drastically Changed

Can someone take a look at this. Best I can tell it has been like this for over a week now.

I'm on Fibre Unlimited Extra and started realising something was amiss when downloading anything would pretty much interrupt anything else I was doing (gaming, streaming, normal browsing). I REALLY knew something wrong when I saw Steam cap out at 3.4MB/s.

Ran the test here http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ - Lists IP Profile as 26.91Mbps (Attachment 1)

Then checked here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed - And find "no estimate" and current line speed "21Mb" (Attachment 2)

Just for reference, my original line speed from from an e-mail 18th March (after the 14day bedding in period) was 60.5Mbps to 78Mbps (Attachment 3) which is what I had been comfortably getting until recently.

2 REPLIES 2
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: BT IP Profile Drastically Changed

Hello there and welcome to the forums. I've looked into your account and it appears we've received an incorrect speed report via automation. I've manually adjusted the profile to the correct level, if you reboot your router you should receive a higher speed.

However, having tested your line I can see that your router is only getting a speed of 30 Mbps, which is most likely caused by a fault I am detecting on your phone line.

FAULT - Dis one leg in Network

I've raised this to our suppliers now, and their response time is within 48 hours that it should be looked into. I've opened a ticket on your account so that our faults team will monitor the outcome.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rsleyshon

Re: BT IP Profile Drastically Changed

Great stuff. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.