cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Homehub 4 Wireless connection issue

Razorback
Grafter

BT Homehub 4 Wireless connection issue

I am connected to PlusNet fibre using an Openreach modem and BT Home Hub 4 router, most of the time without issue.
On occasion the devices which wirelessly use the 2.4ghz connection lose connectivity to the internet. This seems to happen only when a particular (neighbours?) SSID is visible. I have tried changing the channel selection from Automatic (Smart Wireless) to the best channel found using Wifi Analyser. When I do this, after applying the change I  cannot see my 2.4ghz SSID on any device (even if I reboot the router). I do not have any issue with the 5ghz connection.
Any ideas of the best way to resolve this please, right now I am thinking new router?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Homehub 4 Wireless connection issue

Hi Razorback,
I'm not intimately familiar with the HH4 however it sounds like the channel selection may have led to perhaps only the higher frequency ranges of 5ghz being available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Have you by any chance changed to channel 13 or 14?
If you select channels 13 or 14 (valid in UK & Europe but not USA where only channels 1 to 12 are allowed) some equipment (using USA spec.) will no longer see the signal.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Razorback
Grafter

I was trying to change to channel 6  which appeared the strongest