Did you mean: 

BT Exchange IP Profile max.

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

BT Exchange IP Profile max.

Hi
Still having problems with my IP speed
Does anyone know how i can find my possible speed from more local exchange
Bt guy says i should be able to achieve 54mps but i cant find away to check this, is there a web link ?
thanks in advance
j
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT Exchange IP Profile max.

The only way is the BT Speedtest Further diagnostics and multiply the IP profile by 1.03 approx  to get the sync speed
AndyH
Grafter

What are your speed estimates here http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ ?
jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Thanks have checked link to Bt Exchange (see below) and it ties in with what the engineer says i should get i.e. 54mps fairly easily. This is what i was getting before a change of modem due to lightening strike a few weeks ago.
Since then i seem to be stuck on 43.8 the lowest range B (Impacted)
Not sure what the difference between clean and impacted is but whichever way you look it seems i should be able to achieve mid 50's mps as before
Not sure what my next move should be
any thoughts ?
j
Telephone Number 01225316609 on Exchange KINGSMEAD is served by Cabinet 5
Featured Products
Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)
Downstream Range(Mbps)
Availability Date
High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean)     79.5     60 20 1  9.6 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)  70.9     43.8 20 13.9 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 6.5 -- 5.5 to 7.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 6.5 Up to 1 5.5 to 7.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 4.5 -- 3.5 to 5.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.
Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.
The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2013; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.
If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.
Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.
Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Thank you for your interest.