cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Engineer visited today, problem not resolved

FrazUK
Grafter

BT Engineer visited today, problem not resolved

I noticed on Thursday my line had been banded at 30.000mbs down and my upload speed had dropped to around 500kbs. I restarted the router and the line after that wouldn't sync for a few hours so I phoned Plusnet and they did a couple of line tests. They confirmed a fault on the line as it wasn't syncing and booked an engineer for today. During that time the line synced again but was still banded and slow upload around 500kbs so there was still something wrong.

Engineer visited today, he was at the house for about 15 minutes and said there is a problem and he knows what it is and needs to go to the cabinet to fix it but won't need to come back to the house and went on his way. 6 hours later the problem isn't fixed. My line is currently synced at 37.822 Mb/s / 491 Kb/s so the download has gotten a bit better (not what it should be though, it was around 55mbs before) but the upload is still slow.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: BT Engineer visited today, problem not resolved

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

If you can reply to this ticket with your availability for another engineer visit we can arrange for this to be investigated again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet