cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Broadband 67Mb Minimum speed guarantee*

FIXED
davidtrex

BT Broadband 67Mb Minimum speed guarantee*

Quick question (I know there are things which impact BB speed and apologises as I have been a vigin media customer for years (was getting a solid 200Mb with virgin before I moved) so this is pretty new to me)

but BT Broadband are saying I should get at least 67Mb 

My current and steady speed is about 20Mb down and 8Mb up - is there a reason why BT will say I will get those speeds yet I am not getting them with plus.net? 

Edit: According to the BT Speed test
Download speed achieved during the test was - 20.34 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 14.7 Mbps-21 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 21 Mbps

4 REPLIES 4
petelane1951
Grafter

Re: BT Broadband 67Mb Minimum speed guarantee*

I have raised the same question because my neighbour has a guaranteed speed of 52 Mbps from BT on their Infinity 1 package. However we can only get 11 Mbps at present which is why my neighbour moved to BT Retail. Both our lines had the same speed when my neighbour was with Plusnet. 

The good news is that HarryB from Plusnet is pursuing our issue and it appears to be due to BT Openreach and their fibre rollout in our village.  Dorset Superfast Broadband team were advised that our village was completed even though the nearest cabinet to us was not fully installed and configured. My neighbour joined BT who guaranteed a high speed and they appear to have got Openreach to resolve his issue.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

@davidtrex possibly you profile has been incorrectly set by PN Sad  i hope we see some Staff soon who can check this for you

@Gandalf

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there @davidtrex

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

@rongtw wrote:

@davidtrex possibly you profile has been incorrectly set by PN Sad  i hope we see some Staff soon who can check this for you

It's not a profile issue. The router is in sync at a slow speed...

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 21.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.3 Mbps

Broadband tests are indicating a possible line fault...

Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue

A line test is pointing towards an external fault which I've now raised with Openreach. We've been given an estimated response time of by 01/06/17 23:59:59. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davidtrex

Thanks for looking into this for me and starting the ball rolling. Had the emails about it being investigated.