Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 1 - Plusnet 0

FIXED
Steve4
Fixes: 1

BT 1 - Plusnet 0

Hi, I have had a DSL sync problem and no internet since Friday.  After the usual tests, it was confirmed that the issue would require an OpenReach engineer.  Still no confirmation as to when this will be, BTW.  However, my BT customer neighbor who had a similar problem had an engineer visit today, and was advised that there was a "faulty line card" - his line was changed to a working card,  However, as there was no job request for my problem, my connection was not repaired by the engineer during this visit, and still no indication of when it will be repaired. How is it that BT customers can receive such a speedy service and Plusnet customers cannot?  Should I change to BT to have this issue resolved?

10 REPLIES 10
Twoterriers
Grafter

Re: BT 1 - Plusnet 0

I thought BT now owned Plusnet, unless I dreamt it ?Huh
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
sparkrace12
Grafter

Plus net is a subsiduary of BT.

sparkrace22
Steve4

......anyway, what is the normal process for these types of repairs?  Do they take long to address?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is typical of todays workmen if its not on the job sheet it cannot be done jobsworth comes to mind.

If there is fault it would have easy to repair it there and then and save a long wait and recall for Openreach thus saving money and you being with a service 

Twoterriers
Grafter

They're pretty rapid at getting someone out, I'll give them that, but out of 5 visits only 1 engineer found anything wrong and it wasn't here but in one of their cabinets !! So it really depends on the bloke's knowledge that turns up. One out of 5 isn't a great stat.
"Children are for people who can't have dogs"
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It's possible that the engineer we've arranged for you didn't identify this as a problem.

We unfortunately can't raise specific job requests. Have we arranged another engineer visit yet to further investigate?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Steve4

Hi, thank you for your response - the truth is that I don't know what the status of the engineer visit is, as I have not heard anything from Plusnet.  Are you able to check and confirm that an Openreach engineer is indeed requested for this?

Thanks

Steve4

Fix

Update - it's now 1 - 1 !!!

Speaking to customer support yesterday, an Openreach engineer was arranged for today - now internet back up and running.  Was a fault in the cabinet where a card that affected a number of other people had gone down.

Appreciate the help yesterday from Plusnet in arranging the engineer for today.

bluewhale
Rising Star

@Anonymous nope typical of today's management where they constantly try and dumb down the jobs and actively prevent workers using their own initiative,all with the aim of replacing with cheaper workers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear that Steve!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet