cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNG01 Ping Problems

rayatkin

BNG01 Ping Problems

I was running fairly happily on gateway AG02 until 08:06 this morning. At that point I lost connection and came back up on gateway BNG01. The difference in connection to the web and response to pings is incredible. At the time I was running routers stats lite and also ping plotter. I am often getting "page cant be displayed" when trying to access the internet and this is making my connection almost unusable. I have updated an existing call 101326202.
5 REPLIES 5
Alucidnation
Rising Star

Re: BNG01 Ping Problems

Have you tried hoppimg gateways?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We've checked on our end and we can't see anything wrong.
Are you still seeing any issues?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rayatkin

I've been on the following servers this morning, not by me hopping though  BNG01,BNG03,BNG02,BNg03,AG07. This is what ping plotter is reporting as shown in the attached graph.
I've still having problems despite this
Estragon
Rising Star

Those look like disconnections, which would cause the gateway changes.
Just as a standard check that anyone in a business's internal IT department would check, have you power cycled both the modem and router, and while they are powered off unplugged and replugged both ends of every comms cable on each? The one from the router to any computer is unlikely to be a problem, but that as well.
The power feeds to both also need the same. Something as simple as a loose multi-socket in a wall socket would cause it.
Edit - the chances of these things being the cause are remote, but best ruled out. Especially as you have an engineer callout!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Looking at your account you've got a fault raised for a dropping connection fault engineer booked for the 10th between 1pm and 6pm?
Because your connection is dropping you'll end up on a different gateway each time.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team