cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awkward issues with my connection and WiFi

robert2601

Awkward issues with my connection and WiFi

Hi,

I don't know what happened and why. Since I am a gamer, I mostly focus on my upload speed and ping (MS) but lately my ping has been playing up. Basically, it shows that I have 23-30 ms but my game is still lagging (my character is telleporting all over the place and I have no control over the movement) and it happens on both my PC and xbox. Another issue I am having is the WiFi.. all of my devices that use WiFi keep disconnecting and connecting from and to the router and sometimes it just wouldn't work at all for a good half an hour.

I reported this issue to PlusNet and they've been testing my connection but everything seems to be fine from their end. My guessing is that my router is faulty and fails to send the required amount of data across my platforms. I might be wrong and I don't know what do to. Hopefully someone can give me an answer and point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

Re: Awkward issues with my connection and WiFi

Thanks for your post @robert2601.

We're sincerely sorry to hear that this issue is ongoing.

Can you confirm how your PC and Xbox (good choice) are connected to the router? Are you using Ethernet or wireless connections?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Gel
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 16

robert2601

Hi. 

Sorry I took sooooo long, I honestly forgot about having to reply.

To answer your question, anything that I game on is connected with an ethernat cable. Only my TV, laptop and our phones are connected to the Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi is terrible and it just wouldn't work and the ethernet connection is doing its weird thing so.. It's a lose lose. I am looking into buying a new router and see if that is better. I tried contacting customer services about this and asked them if it's possible to change the router but they refused to do so and I don't know why.. 

Thank you and I am very sorry I took so long to reply Cheesy

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Hi @robert2601,

I've replaced the Hub One you currently have, but this will also be a Hub One (we don't supply any other hardware). When that arrives (if you don't supply your own hardware). Make sure to split the SSIDs as @Gel has advised to prevent any wireless issues. A guide on this can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
robert2601

Hi @JOLO 

Thank you very much Cheesy  Maybe the router is just giving up.. it can happen... I split the SSIDs and will test my Wi-Fi in the next couple of days until the new router is here. I have the router connected in the testing socket since I also have issues with my ping (ms) in games. It basically says I have 32-45ms but I still have lag spikes. My ping goes up to 200-400 for a few seconds then goes back to normal. Sometimes it doesn't even go up to 200-400 but it does the same thing. I sometimes create a temeporary server so I can play with my friends and all of us have this issue. As soon as I join my friend's server, it's only me that has this awkwardness going on. Maybe it really is the router but we are about to find out. 

I will update you on the situation but allow me to test it first, about one week. 

Thank you very much for the help Cheesy it's a shame I have this unexplainable issue.. I honestly like Plusnet. 

Have a great day. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 690

Hi @robert2601 cheers for getting back to us and thanks for the update.

Let us know how it goes once you've got your new router and you've tried it out, fingers crossed that sorts it! Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team