cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful speed , constant dropouts , and now off all day.

Caskex

Awful speed , constant dropouts , and now off all day.

Hello , since I first joined Plusnet last year (at a different property I might add) I've had constant slow speeds and dropouts. When I moved address I was told a new router would be sent out as our current one buzzes and makes lots of noise , but one never was sent out.

A couple of weeks ago I spoke to a plus et employee who said he could see a fault and recommended I plug my router directly into the test socket , where it has remained since. The speed did not improve , nor did the reliability.

Flash forward to today. The internet was off when I woke up (flashing orange bar and occasional orange broadband symbol) but I left it and hoped it'd be on when I returned but no luck. So I called Plusnet , finally got the order sorted for a new router, and spoke to a tech agent who said he could see the problem was 'local' to my home but couldn't determine whether it was a problem in the property or outside it. He also advised that if an engineer was to find the fault to be in the home we'd be charged 65 quid ! Surely as the routers in the test socket and the issues continues , this can't be the case ? I use no extensions, router is hooked up directly. Could it be an issue with the router itself, and therefore worth waiting for the new one to arrive before booking an engineer ? Really rather not pay that 65 quid for what I believe is their issue.
Thanks in advance and apologies for the lengthy post!!
1 REPLY 1
Caskex

Re: Awful speed , constant dropouts , and now off all day.

Plugged it back into the main socket , instead of test socket , at advice of a Reddit user. Internet is now back on but still feels slow. Reliability remains to be seen, hopefully new router is better.