cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful speed awful communications

antony

Awful speed awful communications

I logged a fault on the 11th August with low speed and frequent drop outs. After testing PlusNet agreed fault showing on line and an engineer was booked for the 18th AM along with the standard threat of £50 if I was not in. The BTOR engineer did not show. I had to call plusnet on the 19th as no one was following it up (only 30 minutes on hold) An engineer was rebooked for the 24th PM guess what no engineer! Phoned again (30 mins on hold) details taken and as usual spoke to someone who could only tell someone else but could give me no information on what was happening. Had a call back from someone in faults who promised to find out what had happened and would call me back between 12:00 and 14:30 the next day - solid commitment to do so and solid time slot. Guess what no call back. This time I thought Ill follow the ticket and see what happens as it went off hold at 7am on the 25th. What happened? Nothing until the 28th 3 days later when plusnet started looking into it!!! this took until the 1st Sept before I was contacted again to say an engineer would be at the house on the 2nd. Surprise the engineer arrived (hooray) did some tests confirmed there was a fault on the line and set off to find it. (it obviously consumed him as he never came back!) The next day I received an e-mail from plusnet apologising for the fact they had been unable to get an engineer to me!!! (who was the mystery technician in the OpenReach van?) I phoned plusnet again (30 min on hold) updated them on what had happened nice lady promised me they would look into it and also noted that as this has now been running since the 11th of August I would like a call from Faults to tell me what on earth is going on. Of course nobody called (because that's the plusnet way) On the 3rd Sept a new engineers appointment was booked for the 7th PM as usual along with the £50 threat should we not be in. Again my long suffering wife waited in for the engineer who  - you've guessed it - did not appear.  That is 3 engineer no shows countless hours on hold to the call centre that can only relay information elsewhere, weeks of lousy internet with low speeds and drop outs. This fault was logged on the 11th August and its now the 8th Sept. Would I recommend PlusNet to anyone -NO NO and No again. The penny pinching has resulted in the inability of anyone to take responsibility for progressing customer faults, poor customer communications and the impression that no one really give a s**t. Angry
We're a Sheffield-based broadband and phone provider, selling services to homes and businesses across the UK. We believe that paying less shouldn't mean a compromise in service. Huh