cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Fibre speed drop, 2 months on and no PN solution..!

NRV618
Grafter

Awful Fibre speed drop, 2 months on and no PN solution..!

I had a stable connection of around 74Mbit download and around 18Mbit Upload for the first good months with PN at my new address.  This clearly shows and confirms that the advertised speed capability of my line as per BT Infinity speed checker is correct.
Unfortunately for the last couple of months I have had to settle with a 10-14Mbit chop in my download speed(right now at no better than 61Mbits),  and a 3-6Mbit chop in my Upload speed because according to PN it needs to be as low as 59.2Mbit for them to do anything..!  How encouraging to see this new stance from PN in regards to Customer service.

Any one had similar issues.? any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Awful Fibre speed drop, 2 months on and no PN solution..!

Hello there. I'm sorry that your issue is still not resolved. I'd recommend raising a fault again to http://faults.plus.net and add to the notes that your line speed is 65.4 Mb which is below the minimum value of the speed estimate (73.2 Mb). They'll will then re-investigate this speed issue for you.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Doglet
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I just had issues with an unexplained drop in speed and posted about my problem/solution here..
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,148821.msg1309708.html#msg1309708
NRV618
Grafter

Thanks Anoush, Thanks Doglet,
I have now raised the fault with PN once again hoping for a prompt and swift solution, fingers crossed.
NRV618
Grafter

Angry Angry Angry Embarrassed Embarrassed  I am very sad, angry disappointed, and yet not surprised that:
1st. I have heard Nothing from PN Customer services since I raised the fault 4 days ago, and
2nd. that it seems PN has made it that bit harder to find the raised tickets/faults page.
Guess the only option for me now would be usual 20 to 30mins on the phone to PN to try and get an update on my issue.
Any help setting this right would be greatly appreciated .!