Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding Further Order Cancellations

FIXED
Rgaunt27
Hooked

Avoiding Further Order Cancellations

Good Morning,

I've recently become a new customer of PN Fibre due to my new house move.

I'm due to move in Friday 18th May. Previously had 2 orders cancelled without explanation from Talktalk, Despite calling and being provided with no knowledge or information as to why this has happened.

Hoping third times the charm, I've placed my order with Plusnet after a recommendation.

Reading into things, I'm awaiting my live date for my Fibre and my job heavily relies on internet usage from home, so naturally this has been quite a dilemma.

I've read that in some cases with PN, "Cease" orders from previous providers can prevent orders being completed? 

Is there anyway it can be checked if such an event could take place to try and future proof errors happening and order being cancelled as its vital I try and get up and running as soon as possible, without any further delay.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

Richard

8 REPLIES 8
Rgaunt27
Hooked

Re: Avoid Further Order Cancellations

Update: I've been given my phone line service date already.

Your new Home Phone service should be available on 17/5/2018.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi Richard

The "issue" with cease orders preventing other orders isn't anything unique to Plusnet.  It applies to anyone with a openreach line (so pretty much everyone who isn't using Virgin Media).  That may have been the issue with your 2 previous orders.  The quickest and easiest way for you to get up and running is if the people you are buying from don't cease the line and your ISP places a working line take over.

If they won't not cease the line, then it might actually be quicker to get a new line installed.  Otherwise it would be a case of your ISP waiting for the cease to complete, before they could get your order placed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rgaunt27
Hooked

Hi Pjmarsh,

Thanks for such a speedy response. It's interesting previous providers couldn't see this.

Is this something that gets checked (or can be checked) with new orders? As there is definitely a BT openline in the house which i noticed when moving some stuff in yesterday.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

No problem Richard.  I'm only a customer like you, so cant see anything myself.  I'm pretty sure that your previous provider who have been able to see the reason for the order being cancelled, if they looked.

I'm not sure if a provider would be able to see if there was an order on the line before placing one, but they would be able to see that it had been rejected not too long afterwards.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Rgaunt27
Hooked

Completely understandable.

The only thing I have noticed is the phone number ive been given is different to that used on my previous provider. Hopefully a good sign, but still my knowledge of these processes is so little.

Just trying to prevent any potential work loss with internet downtime. With the phone line eta as tomorrow, I guess it's just the case of waiting to see if any problems appear and trying to prevent them before hand just isn't the case?

Moved several times and this is a first for me so just trying to find some form of clarity Smiley

Appreciate the help - will update as I go.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there and thanks for choosing us.

It looks like we've found a stopped line at the property which we're reactivating and that's due to complete tomorrow.

Once that's been done we'll need to wait for the records on the line to update before we can place the order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Rgaunt27
Hooked

Hi Mathew,

The recommendation based on good customer service seems to be true!

Does this mean on my side of things, I'm just to wait as normal and everything should go as planned?

Thanks,

Richard

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Effectively yes.

If anything changes or goes wrong we'll let you know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team