Re: Availability Checker Question - FTTC Range A & B

Correct. That's the faceplate.

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

In that case, your extension should be wired downstream of the filter in the faceplate (extension will be 'voice only') and there should be no issues caused by the internal phone wiring.

It's possible that the loss of speed you've seen is just down to 'crosstalk' (basically interference from other VDSL lines running alongside yours) but it could be 'impacted' by poor line quality, minor line faults (less than perfect joints or similar) or external interference.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
lorisarvendu
Grafter

I've toyed with the idea of asking other people in the street if they are on fibre and if so what speeds are we all getting. Would be interesting to swop information with other customers on the same cabinet.  With such a speed drop over the years a large proportion of my neighbours must be on fibre as well.

Oh, and as mentioned earlier up the thread, we do have aluminium.

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.