cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication server down

mediamonkey
Dabbler

Authentication server down

DSL SYNC IS UP. Plusnets authentication server not working, lcp error. Im not the only one with this fault right now. Its been an hour, there's no status update on the wrbsite yet. The tech support qeue is 45 mins long at the last call.
12 REPLIES 12
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Authentication server down

Good evening, 

I cannot see any current issues with our authentication servers and users are able to authenticate and are showing data transfer is working correctly.

This may be a router issue or something further however I would suggest our technical support team as the best point of contact at this point.

I have added a note to your account however to note what I've observed thus far, hopefully this one can be sorted relatively quickly for you.

mediamonkey
Dabbler

We also handle business accounts in my area - all of them with plusnet are down right now
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If located in the same area this could indicate an issue somewhere within the exchange, could you send me a PM with the usernames or postcodes with accounts affected please so I can take a further look

mediamonkey
Dabbler

My test setup has finally authenticated but routing remains an issue. I can see intermittant pings back from google. But nothing useable
transmission1
Dabbler

I'm pretty sure that there is something going on with authentication. My fibre has been down since 11 am this morning. Line is up but no authentication is happening. I can't be the only one. Second time in less than two weeks with hours of failed auth.

mediamonkey
Dabbler

EX32 OUG

mediamonkey
Dabbler

Ex32 OUG is in a different area to me, also in north devon though. 

mediamonkey
Dabbler

Everything is back and running again across all sites. Whatever it was is now fixed
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Great to hear, I wasn't able to find anything further in this case and there were no outages reported by BT, but I'll keep an eye out, please let me know if you see a similar issues again however

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I had an outage yesterday about midday: West London.My Broadband Ping - PNStaticMonitor

Let's be careful out there !
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

It looks like your connection briefly dropped around then.

How are things now?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks for replying, fine.

Since I opted for a static IP I've had far less problems, in fact zero problems. Even that brief outage occurred while I was out so no big deal.

The only reason I was aware of the dropout was that my Netgear ArloQ camera dropped out and failed to recover. My YCam cameras came back OK.

Let's be careful out there !