cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error

Stewart1887
Dabbler

Authentication error

I've just returned from holiday and my phone won't connect to my wifi.  My laptop and other devices still work ok, only my phone shows the error.  i've tried restarting the hub and my phone but still have an issue.  Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Stewart1887
Dabbler

Re: Authentication error

I've just reset the router again and all is good now

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Stewart1887, glad to hear it is back working for you. We are sorry for the delay in responding back to you.

Let us know if anything changes please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Stewart1887
Dabbler

Actually, just had to reset the router again., and just switched on my fire stick which gave me a warning. Wifi available but with problems.
Tried resetting the router several times but to no avail and now my phone won't connect.
My Alexa and laptop and other mobiles are still working ok.
Just changed my package with Plusnet although shouldn't have any physical changes with devices is this the issue?. No issues recently prior to this
Stewart1887
Dabbler

My phone now doesn't always pick up the wifi. Or if it does, it says there is no internet connection.
Turning on my Firestick yesterday, its finding wifi but not connecting to the internet.
My laptop and other devices are working ok when I try them. Very infuriating.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Stewart1887

Thanks for coming  back to us.

Could you try splitting out the frequencies on your router (as shown here) and then assigning the problematic devices to the 5ghz strand to see if this helps?

Thanks

Dave

Stewart1887
Dabbler

Thanks Dave. At the moment both my phone and Firestick seem to be connecting again. If it happens again though I'll try splitting the frequencies.and see how it goes.