cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error

LisaR84
Dabbler

Authentication error

Hi, I have a couple of issues my first being that both mine and my partners phone keeps losing connection to the wifi. We both keep getting "authentication error occured" message. I have tried already searched for solutions on here and tried everything but everything has failed to rectify the problem. My other issue is that my tablet and my computer have both started showing "connected, no internet error". I have also noticed that my speed has dropped. I used to get 30mbs+ and now I'm in the low 20s. Please help is there anyway you can reset/fix remotely?
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Authentication error

Hi there, it sounds like splitting the router's 2.4 and 5ghz frequencies should help with this. We can do that remotely for you, I just need to make you aware that it will temporarily disconnect all your devices so please let me know if you're OK with us to go ahead with that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LisaR84
Dabbler

Hello, please try what you think will work. Will this increase my broadband speed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, it should do yes, we've just done that now so your devices should disconnect shortly but you should be able to reconnect straight away to the WiFi. Please let us know if that makes any improvement. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team