cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication error

macangus
Hooked

Authentication error

Hi, i have had an authenticaction error for the last two weeks on my fibre broadband i have had an engineer out who has said the problem is not in my house but at the exchange.

Plusnet have sent me out a new router but the fault still exists i have spoken with customer services who are now saying i have to wait another two weeks for a different kind of engineer who deals with authentication errors this means i will no have had internet for over a month.

I feel as i if am being fobbed of by plusnet as they knew it was an authentication error i had at the start yet they send out an engineer who they claim isn't qualified to fix the problem.

Please could anyone on this forum help as plusnet don't seem interested.

2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Authentication error

hi , that seams a bit odd have you read here https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Broadband-Faults-Guide-Authentication-Auth/ba-p/1322781

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
macangus
Hooked

Re: Authentication error

Hi i was told it was an authentication error two weeks ago i did all the resetting of the router and nothing has changed,the engineer who came out pretty much said he couldn't fix it as it was aproblem on plusnets end.

I had the engineer out on monday,plusnet decided it was a hardware fault even though i have had at least three routers encounter the same problem there solution was to send me out a new router.

I plugged in the router expecting it to work and the problem is still there,i then got onto customer services who have decided i need another visit from an engineer because the one that was sent wasn't capable of fixing an authentication error.

I now find myself having to wait untill the 23rd of may for this super engineer to fix the problem which started two weeks ago today.