cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenitcation Error Occurred On Mobiles

sam2909

Authenitcation Error Occurred On Mobiles

We switched to Plusnet about a month ago and the last week, all our mobile phones keeps dropping the wifi connection and we get "Authentication Error Occurred" and we have to keep reconnecting to wifi.  Our mobile data is constantly being used within our own home.  We have checked everything uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested by our research.  

Now we have exhausted all the "fixes" we have found and still have the same problem - Is there anything else we can do please?Huh

1 REPLY 1
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Authenitcation Error Occurred On Mobiles

Hi @sam2909,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your wireless connection and thank you for carrying out diagnostics on your devices.

Authentications errors are usually where the password stored on the device is incorrect but we know this is not the case as it has connected to the router previously.

If you have already deleted (forgotten) the wireless profiles on your mobiles, I would recommend following the steps below.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

From this screen you can also change the wireless key and channel to see if it resolves the issue if the above has not.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional