Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attainable rate / Line rate

artfulbodger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Attainable rate / Line rate

Apologies if this questions been asked before - but can anyone explain in simple terms what is the difference is between Line rate / Attainable rate?
I've got an unlocked HG612 modem - the DSL stats show  a Line rate of 79455 and an Attainable rate of 78992 for downstream (with SNR of almost 10). I naively assumed Attainable rate would've been higher than the Line (Sync) rate? The upstream Attainable is a lot higher than the Line figure. Am I missing something here, or is there something wrong with the setup or connection?
Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Attainable rate / Line rate

For some reason this is nearly always the case on FTTC, at least with the HG612. Nothing to worry about.
artfulbodger
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Ok cheers. By the way, can anyone point me in the right direction to update the HG612 stats software to v5.1? I've tried the link via the kitz forum page (http://www.freewarefiles.com/HG612-Modem-Stats_program_84567.html) but this doesn't seem to work. Any help greatly appreciated?
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

If you wished to PM your email address to me, I could send the updated programs to you by return.