cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attainable rate 30.2 sync at 26 after package change?

cwaite
Rising Star

Attainable rate 30.2 sync at 26 after package change?

I received an email last week to say that I had been paying for an 80/20 package (average 66mbps) but my line had been set to 40/10 (average 36 mbps). I received an email to say that my line has been adjusted to the correct package (80/20) however my line only syncs and maximum of 32 Mbps, so therefore I called Plusnet and ask them to keep me on the cheaper package (40/10)

I received an email overnight last night to say that my package change has been complete, when I checked my sync speed this morning I noticed that my attainable rate is 30.2 mbps but my line is only syncing at 26 mbps. Where is normally until yesterday sync at 30.8 mbps.

Why is my sync speed lowered so much? And why is there such a difference between the attainable rate and actual rate, normally my connection would sync higher than the attainable rate.

I have tried gracefully dropping the wan on my router then rebooting my hg612 modem, but this has made no difference.
7 REPLIES 7
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Attainable rate 30.2 sync at 26 after package change?

Hi @cwaite 

I've tested your circuit this morning and can see via a GEA that your profile i still showing as 0.128M-80M. The modify order to 40/10 has defiantly completed however, so the GEA test may just be playing catch up. 

Your Estimates according to DSL check are 21.8 - 32 Mbps (see here). 

The GEA shows that your line is in sync at a Downstream Speed of 26.4 Mbps & an Upstream Speed 4.2 Mbps. This is within the limits set out by our supplier and, as such, we would be unable to treat this as a speed issue I'm afraid. 

I checked you Plusnet Profile (as apposed to the GEA test profile) and have nudged you up as far as is possible on your package, this may help squeeze out a few extra Mbps, I would also suggest connecting to your test socket and seeing if the sync speed increases - how to locate the test socket can be found here.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

cwaite
Rising Star

Can you tell me why suddenly since the change, w my line syncs far lower than my attainable rate when before the package change it would sync higher than the attainable rate.

Please see attached screen shot of modem stats.

20190401 pn.png

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @cwaite

As my colleague has advised, it may be that your line is restablising after the profile change and you may find that this catches up over the next few days. Feel free to try the test socket in the interim as Alisdair has suggested.

Best wishes

Dave

cwaite
Rising Star

I have noted that G.INP has been switched off, would this be the cause and also will it go back on?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @cwaite

As G.INP is part of the physical line's make up (much like DLM) we wouldn't be able to advise on whether it would reactivate at any given point - it would be down to BT's line and BT's software - we don't control that aspect of your connection I'm afraid.

Thanks

Dave

cwaite
Rising Star

Vectoring (G.INP) has been switched on my line for many years, because of the low speed, it should be turned back on as the line has not improved, surely BT must have the ability to override the DLM and turn it back on?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately neither us nor our suppliers BTwholesale have any control over DLM for fibre lines.

The only adjustment they can request of Openreach is to carry out a DLM reset if the line is showing as banded.

In this case we'll need to wait for DLM to do its thing I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet