Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-N66U

Haffoc
Grafter

Asus DSL-N66U

Hi,
Anyone have one of these that works well with Plusnet?
Not sure if mine is faulty or not, but it keeps dropping the dsl. There's no obvious reason, not interference as the BT ECI works fine. Not really happy with two items powered on, even if they are low power.
The longest uptime I've got from it is 3 hours.
This is the stats I found on it this morning
DSL Modulation ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
Annex Mode ANNEX_A
SNR Down 11.0 dB
SNR Up 13.5 dB
Line Attenuation Down 14.0 dB
Line Attenuation Up 3.2 dB
Data Rate Down 39740 kbps
Data Rate Up 11999 kbps
MAX Rate Down 88352 kbps
MAX Rate Up 25454 kbps
POWER Down 6.7 dbm
POWER Up 6.9 dbm
CRC Down 0
CRC Up 0
BT engineer has reset my profile and I'm back to 70Mbps odd, currently using the ECI as modem, and dsl-n66u as router.
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Asus DSL-N66U

There have been a lot of issues with this modem for FTTC (have a look at the Asus forums), which has resulted in DLM intervening and severely limiting some lines in several cases.
The problem is that the modem has not gone through Openreach's conformity/certification, i.e. it's untested on the Openreach network.
redbull2k14
Grafter

Increase your snr to 10db, see if that helps. Only prob with this is that u will get a poor sync compared to bto modem. Then after your satisfied its holding is connection you could then lower it.
Haffoc
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
There have been a lot of issues with this modem for FTTC (have a look at the Asus forums), which has resulted in DLM intervening and severely limiting some lines in several cases.
The problem is that the modem has not gone through Openreach's conformity/certification, i.e. it's untested on the Openreach network.

This is what happened to me. I can't see any reason for it in the routers logs. The only thing it says is "WAN Connection: Fail to connect with some issues" at the time it drops. Guess it's back to Currys with it.
During the night, it must have been disconnecting very frequently as I'd dropped down to 31Mbps.
Plusnet raised a fault with BT (their checker said there was a line fault). Engineer checked line and reset profile, so I'm now syncing around 70Mbps.