Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-N66U assistance needed.

RickK
Grafter

Asus DSL-N66U assistance needed.

Hi guys,
Like many of you, I kinda had enough with a separate OR modem and the plusnet technicolor router which was causing me numerous amounts of issues. So I forked out the money for one of the Asus DSL routers with built in vDSL.
I got internet, thanks to everyone that has bought one of these before, but I think I may have a unique issue or a separate config issue that I require some more assistance on.
So I have noticed since I have had the asus installed, that my internet speed has started to drop. So here is my current info on the DSL Log page;
System Log - DSL Log
This page shows the detailed system's activities.
DSL Driver Version FwVer:5.4.11.31_A_TC3095 HwVer:T14.F7_0.0
DSL Link Status
up
DSL Uptime 0 days 3 hours 52 minutes 25 seconds
DSL Modulation
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX Mode
ANNEX_A
SNR Down
6.0 dB
SNR Up
8.1 dB
Line Attenuation Down
11.1 dB
Line Attenuation Up
3.8 dB
Path Mode
Interleaved
Data Rate Down
33495 kbps
Data Rate Up
14802 kbps
MAX Rate Down
52828 kbps
MAX Rate Up
22742 kbps
POWER Down
7.3 dbm
POWER Up
7.4 dbm
CRC Down
CRC Up
As you can see in almost 4 hours I am getting CRC Up and Down error, which I think is bad.
I also ran a BTW speedtest and it seems to be that I got DLM applied. So yeah, lots of little issue that I would like to try and resolve! Smiley
Also BTW seems to think I have a line issue, so if someone from PN can check their end that would be wicked.  Roll_eyes
6 REPLIES 6
redbull2k14
Grafter

Re: Asus DSL-N66U assistance needed.

in administration tab on gui  >dsl setting 
set ESNP to stable
set Rx AGC GAIN Adjustment (VDSL) High Performance

if no ESNP update to latest firmware and factory reset it with the button on the back, then wait for DLM to make positive changes
FortKnox101
Grafter

Had the same issue as you last year when buying the DSL-N66U, where DLM intervened and lowered my speed, Especially it detecting a Line Fault.
Alot of people (including myself) have had a lot of Stability issues. Which is why connection dropped and was lowered again and again by DLM.
In fact the Line Fault is coming up failed because of the modem inside the DSL-N66U, Engineer came out to me and did line test with the router plugged in and it failed, he changed it to an Openreach modem (and i even tested a Netgear I had) and they both passed the line fault.
I'm not sure whats wrong with the DSL-N66U but i ended up getting my money back and have been using a Billion 8800NL which has worked flawlessly.
RickK
Grafter

Thanks redbull,
I did have a look in there but left it all untouched, I have made the changes, but the Rx AGC Gain only had stable or default as the options. Like the ESNP.
Thanks for your update too FortKnox, I didn't really fancy returning it as it is quite cool looking Tongue
redbull2k14
Grafter

i have the n68u so some setting slightly diffrent,  leave Rx AGC GAIN Adjustment on defualt, setting this to stable will proberly lower your sync.
FortKnox101
Grafter

Quote from: RickK
Thanks for your update too FortKnox, I didn't really fancy returning it as it is quite cool looking Tongue

Thats one of the reasons I bought it because it looked quite cool too  Grin
RickK
Grafter

Asus router on route back to my point of purchase. Now got a Billion 8800nl and it flies! Thanks everyone