cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC68U slow speed

pnandy
Hooked

Asus DSL-AC68U slow speed

I recently changed from the plusnet one hub to an ASUS DSL-AC68U prmarily to use it's internal VPN feature, initially I couldn't get it to connect at all, but after updating to the latest firmware it connects ok, but at a much lower speed the one hub did.

The one hub gave around 36m down and 5m up, there ASUS is only managing 16m down and 1.5 up, I have left t conected for a wek but nothign has improved, the line stats are below,

Data Rate
22550 kbps
1725 kbps
Max Rate
50424 kbps
4889 kbps

and show that he line is capable of higher speeds than it is currently delivering, I've posted my current settings below but have tried changing a few parameters to no avail, anyone here have any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U slow speed

Hi @pnandy,

After testing the line, I have detected a potential fault. Your sync rate is 18.9Mbps and high amount of errors are occurring. This is usually an external fault however, it seems too much of a coincidence that this has been detected after changing to a new router.

Could you please reconnect the Hub One and let us know when you have reconnected it so we can rerun the test on the line.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
brookheather
Rising Star

DLA and SRA should both be enabled.  UPBO should be AUTO.  The Mediatek modem in the DSL-AC68U is not very good and may give you a lower sync rate than the Plusnet modem.  The DSLAM no longer support G.INP for Mediatek modems.  Ideally you would use a supported modem and use the DSL-AC68U just as a router.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
pnandy
Hooked

Jubby,

Thanks for looking at this for me, on the ASUS I just got 18.6 down and 5.6 up.

I have now connected the plusnet hub one and am now getting 30.5 down and 4.3 up

I'll leave the hub one connected now so you can test the line..

Thanks

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Just as an aside I found I achieved much better speeds with that router if I enabled 'Non-standard G.Vector.

It took around 24 hours for change to be effective.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for reconnecting the Hub One.

Our tests are still showing the external fault so this may be a genuine fault rather than a router issue.

I've raised this to our suppliers so they can investigate further and we'll update you when we know more. You can track the progress by going here.

Let us know if you have any further questions

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pnandy
Hooked

Thanks for this, we did loose the BT line entirely a few months back, perhaps this is related?

a B.T. engineer looked at the slow speed issue and thought it might be the router, but this dodnt make much differnce.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

No problem @pnandy,

It could potentially be related however, I have no way of being certain. At least this time round two routers have been tested therefore, we know it is not the equipment.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional