cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC68U Settings

dansonadz1

Asus DSL-AC68U Settings

Hi,
I have recently bought an Asus DSL-AC68U but for the life of me cannot get it to work. I have tried multiple settings from diffferent sites but still nothing. The DSL light flashes around 10 times does nothing and keeps repeating itself every 30 seconds. The main instructions i followed were from here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134516.0.html/. I can try and provide as many details as needed.
Please help
Regards
13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U Settings

The settings should match those here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134308.0.html - making sure that your username has @plusdsl.net on the end of it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dansonadz1

They do match them as i have also followed the same instructions. I'm still having issues with it not connecting.
square
Grafter

I bought the same model yesterday and the dsl light went solid almost immediately it was connected. It has nothing to do with the log in details. It is just like the BT modem which is connected and the dsl light goes solid. You then use your WAN router to send the plusnet log in details. With the Asus there is another light (with a picture of a planet underneath) that lights up when the plusnet login details are sent and accepted.
square
Grafter

What version of firmware do you have ?
A new one, Version 3.0.0.4.376_2187, came out on 2015/02/26 :
showing item 14 as Fixed sync issue with certain DSLAM
I have the previous version 3.0.0.4.376_2160.
dansonadz1

I have the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.376_2187 that was the first thing i tried.
See attached the settings i have.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've not seen that MAC Address field before. You shouldn't need anything in there to connect to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
square
Grafter

I would suggest you save your current configuration and then press the Reset button.
See if you then get a solid dsl light.
dansonadz1

I have reset it and restored with and without the settings I saved. I have also removed the MAC address from the field as suggested but still no luck.
I don't require the filter that it came with do I? All I've done is take the line cable from the openreach modem and plugged it into my router and also configured it with my PPPoE settings.
Thanks
evilshubunkin
Dabbler

Just to be clear - you're not plugging the DSL-AC68U into the OR modem are you?
dansonadz1

No I am not.
evilshubunkin
Dabbler

The only thing I can think of that's different to what I had setup when I had this device is I left the modulation type to Multimode and the Annexe Mode to the default (the longest in the list).
Other than that, the settings look to be OK.
As others have said, the DSL connection should be made even before you do anything with the PPPOE settings.  If that's not happening and you've reset the device and tried then it could be a faulty device.
square
Grafter

I assume your bt modem has a solid dsl light.
If, when you have reset the Asus so there are no settings entered, you connect the dsl cable you should get a solid dsl light.
You do not need the splitter if you do not need one for the BT modem.
I literally took the router out of the box and, like you, disconnected the cable from the BT modem and plugged it into the dsl port on the Asus and within a few seconds there was a solid dsl light. I then connected a pc to input the plusnet username and password settings to the Asus. 
dansonadz1

So i thought maybe the hardware is defunct as per evilshubunkin so i decided to take the router to my father in laws as he has plusnet fibre and I plugged in the dsl cable and bobs your uncle it works. DSL light was solid and asked for my username and password exactly like square commented.
Any idea if i know whether i have a faulty line even though it works fine on my bt modem and plusnet router? I have a decent speed of 36.63Mbps (down) and 11.44Mbps (up) so to me it looks ok.
My phone line though goes beep, beep. beep, beep with one second intervals instead of having a continuous dial tone if that helps. (I can still make calls though).
Thanks