Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC68U Settings

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U Settings

I also bought one of these a few weeks ago and had no problems what ever , just pluged in and was connected  Wink  i have  FwVer:5.5.1.131_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.2 firmware
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
ceewild

Can't even connect with this router. Tried all the tips. Nothing works.
AshPowell
Grafter

Make sure your settings under wan has this:
(DNS part not being auto is optional) & dont forget to enter user n pass.

richbraithwaite

I appreciate this is an old topic; however, have just bought this router second hand, reset it and updated firmware but having problems.

Can anyone tell me if the last post with screenshot from 'AshPowell' has worked for anyone? I'll being trying the settings tonight.

Also, I noted earlier in this thread that someone said clicking the MAC clone button at the bottom of the same screen solved their problem. Thought I might try this too tonight but do you know if I need to input a value in the MAC clone box before clicking button or do I leave box empty and click button?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Richard

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

A quick search of the Forum should have brought up this:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/ASUS-DSL-AC68U-Settings/m-p/1444989#M3340

See my recommended settings in Post #3

richbraithwaite

Thanks for the reply; however, tried these settings but to no avail. GUI started saying network cable unplugged, which it wasn't. I'm running latest firmware and after 3 wasted evenings I've decided to sell the router on, as it really shouldn't be this difficult to set up - I've had plenty of other routers in the past and never had issues like this!

Regards,

Richard

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

richbraithwaite - obviously too late for you; but in these situations a complete reset to factory defaults, followed by working through the setup screens manually (not using Quick Internet Setup), can sometimes fix the problem of the router refusing to connect.