cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus DSL-AC68U Connectivity Issues

guppy02

Asus DSL-AC68U Connectivity Issues

Hi Guys,

Yesterday my AC68U dropped i tried rebooting several times and left offline overnight. Everything appears fine and i have DSL link however i have no internet connectivity, the strangest thing is the VPN works however i have no internet once connected.

This morning i plugged in my Old RT-N65U paired with an old openreach modem and the connection is fine.

I have used this router for the last 2 years on Plusnet and never had any issues till yesterday so i was wondering if something changed or i need to adjust any settings. Appreciate any help love this router as i stuck with it for the good coverage in our house. I know its not supported but does any one have any suggestions or tweaks?

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U Connectivity Issues

@guppy02 

Everything appears fine and i have DSL link however i have no internet connectivity, the strangest thing is the VPN works 

Does the VPN connect to an IP address rather than a url. If so, it sounds like you have a DNS problem. What DNS servers are set on the router ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

guppy02

Re: Asus DSL-AC68U Connectivity Issues

reset the DNS settings as i suspected the same. I am using Plusnet DNS settings.

I managed to speak to Tech support and the seem to think i have a copper line fault on my line, She could see a device was connected on my line.

I'm making do with the old router/ Openreach modem for now and will see what Openreach have to say. Im guessing the Openreach hardware has more tolerance to issues on the line, the modem must be about 8-9 year old i had it from when FTTC was first rolled out and an engineer came to the house.