Did you mean: 

Areas not served by BT but alternative Fibre providers

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Areas not served by BT but alternative Fibre providers

Will PlusNet be considering working alongside non BT Fibre providers, such as
http://www.gigaclear.com/what-we-offer/wholesale/
In rural Berkshire, BT are some way off/ well behind schedule re fibre installation; local Councils have a partnership
with above who'll bring it to fruition much quicker.
Presumably BT will still introduce fibre eventually.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Areas not served by BT but alternative Fibre providers

I would guess that would depend on the size of the potential customer base versus cost of installation (RoI). You say you live in a rural location so I wouldn't be holding my breath for BT to throw their hat into the ring if fibre is already provided. Why invest 10's of 1000s for what could be at most a few hundred customers.
PembsPanther
Grafter

Re: Areas not served by BT but alternative Fibre providers

Quote from: Mook
Why invest 10's of 1000s for what could be at most a few hundred customers.

For the FUTURE! This has always been BT's problem, no ambition and preparation for the future and future technology, is there long term plan to really leave some rural areas without fibre forever? Really? One thing BT is as a company is very narrow minded so would not surprise me but if so it is a totally unacceptable attitude and they should be jumped upon from a great height by someone who has some clout to finally kick them into shape or force changes.
The quicker connection is satelite and hotspot based the better, hopefully it will have nothing to do with BT and they will fade into history, where they belong!
ahhhhh rant over :0