cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these stats reasonable?

Dodger21
Grafter

Are these stats reasonable?

Can one of you knowledgeable people have a look at the stats posted below?
I’m just after your thoughts on if you think they are reasonable for line distance back to the cabinet.
Line is connected to an ECI cabinet, I have just changed over to a Huawei modem and the connection speed improved by a little over 2mbps over the ECI one. I am 750 meters from my cabinet according to an OR engineer.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Re: Are these stats reasonable?

If the line length really is 750m, your speeds look rather low.
Could we see the whole graphs montage from the timestamped subfolder of Current_Stats (named line_stats-P-20150426-0934)?
The other graphs in the montage MIGHT explain the (in my opinion) lowish speeds.
Your interleaving depth is quite high, which could explain why sync speed is significantly lower than attainable rate.

Dodger21
Grafter

Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: Dodger21
I’m still trying to find my way around this but I don’t seem to have that folder but I do have one that ends in 33, contents below.

Sorry. I stated the time incorrectly (typo).
You have posted the graphs I was referring to though  Smiley

I am around 1100m from the cabinet.
I therefore achieve lower DS sync speed, but I do achieve a higher US sync speed than you.
Your Hlog graph looks a bit dodgy in the U2 band.
It should normally look like a smooth downward curve until attenuation is too high to be recorded.
It doesn't look like a bridged tap issue as that would show as a distinct 'V' shape (see attached example).
What is shown in your Hlog graph MIGHT be causing an issue that also affects DS, but I'm not sure what it could be.

In order to rule out any possibility of an internal wiring issue, have you tried connecting the HG612 directly to the test socket (with the faceplate removed)?
If you were able to try that AND obtain a set of snapshot graphs, you would be able to see if the Hlog & any of the other graphs improved.

In the meantime, could you please attach a copy of the Plink log from the same folder as the graphs you posted so that I can take a close look at the raw stats?

EDIT:
FWIW, it appears that DLM has banded/capped your DS sync speed at 32.4 Mbps (see the details in the FTTC section here http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-banding-guide/).

Dodger21
Grafter

This is a very long file I hope it is what you wanted. Also I have been told there is aluminium in the line.
Bald_Eagle1
Grafter

Quote from: Dodger21
This is a very long file I hope it is what you wanted.

Yep. That was the one.

Also I have been told there is aluminium in the line.

That certainly won't be helping.
Aluminium doesn't conduct as well as copper, so that MIGHT be the explanation for the odd looking Hlog graph, Interleaving, INP & delay levels, lowish SNR, reduced sync speed etc.

You do have some spare DS SNRM, so maybe DLM will relent in due course & reduce/remove Interleaving.

Apparently BTOR are starting some trials to deal with G.INP not working with ECI DSLAMS & modems.
You may see an improvement when that issue is fixed.
Users that had spare SNRM with Interleaving who are connected to Huawei DSLAMS generally saw an improvement when G.INP was activated on their connections.

Dodger21
Grafter

Thanks again for taking a look, I was syncing at 36kbps from October to early December it had been stable for 2 months, then it dropped quickly down to 28.6kbps were it stayed until I installed the Huawei modem and it increased by another 2.2Mbps.
I seem to remember reading OR had to remove some signal improvement software around that time.