cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any actual staff at Plusnet support anymore?

Phaeton
Rising Star

Are there any actual staff at Plusnet support anymore?

Sorry Folks but Plusnet used to be a prime ISP with some very knowledgeable people with a support system that was 2nd to none, now I'm sorry but it's just ridiculous. I'm on a 80/20 package & have had up to 56 Mbps when it first installed, this over time dropped to 48 Mbps which then last year it dropped down to 42 Mbps. Then on 17th March this year overnight it dropped to 30 Mbps this is not an external fault despite supposedly having 2 engineers come out to fix, although we never saw the 2nd one. This is due to traffic shaping, commercial decisions being made at Plusnet to effectively defraud their customers, it is my belief they are knowingly restricting speeds otherwise why would I have had no response from support in 7 days, unless of course there is no support staff.

18 REPLIES 18
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Are there any actual staff at Plusnet support anymore?

Hi there, 

We have backlog on faults workloads at the moment so I'm sorry for the delayed response. 

I'm going to politely disagree that it's traffic shaping or something that we're doing deliberately, my reasoning is that we have been investigating a line fault and I can't understand why we'd investigate the issue our commercial decisions were the root of the issue. 

We do wish to help and diagnostics that I've just performed indicate we likely need to arrange some engineer intervention to perform a DLM reset. 

I'm going to look into this further now and will reply back to your open fault ticket shortly. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

@adamwalker I'll politely disagree with you  as well, the first engineer who came could not find any fault on the line, okay that could be because a HR or wet joint had dried out at that time, the 2nd engineer didn't visit so I have no idea what he did or didn't do. But the whole time the line is crystal, you will see we do not make any outbound calls, but inbound have no interference at all. The other issue is that 48Mbps was a nice flat line, somebody made adjustments & then 42Mbps was a nice flat line, then at 08:00 on 15th March it dropped like a stone to 32Mbps this is not consistent with 'fault' but somebodies decision.

I've been a customer for over 20 years, before you were Plusnet, we have these spats every now & again, all I'm after is what I am paying for, please reset the DLM but I have been told it's already been reset twice before.

But Thank you for your input & I hope to see a positive resolution soon, the galling thing about this is there is a cabinet within 30 yards of my house, unfortunately I come off one 600 metres away.

Phaeton
Rising Star

@adamwalker 7 days pass & no response from your side @HarryB any chance of somebody actually looking at Question #173679851 coming up 4 weeks now & no resolution in sight

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you haven't had a response.

I'll get this chased up for you and the ticket updated shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler @adamwalker @HarryB So 2 days after both replying to the text I was sent & updating the ticket to advise I would be available for 4 days both AM & PM not another thing appears to have happened!

Why is it that the customer has to chase, chase, chase to make anything happen, really what has happened to the excellent service/support that Plusnet was known for? I am so disappointed it is almost beyond words, if I wasn't tied in for 12 months I would go elsewhere, just purely for the lack of support.

This issue has been going on now since 15th March but actually reported to you on 2nd May, but that is still a month ago, as I have made clear I still do not believe this is a external fault, but an internal issue that my account has had a product move, as  has been done in the past without my permission.

Phaeton
Rising Star

Interestly I have just received my Sam Knows report, which is claiming that I am on a 38x10 product, which does appear to be the issue, so the resolution is that I am either put back onto the 80x20 product I am paying for or you refund the difference for the past 3 months & reduce my charges until the end of my line rental term

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the delayed response.

As shown below you're definitely on the 80/20 service as this is your current profile

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 32.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 10.2 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 668.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-05-19T14:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 31.3 Mbps 32.1 Mbps 32.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.6 Mbps 10.2 Mbps 9.9 Mbps
Up Time 718.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-06-01T14:02:10.482+01:00 2018-06-01T14:17:10.482+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

With regards to the appointment I can't see any response from yourself. If you head here you can do this online and then we can investigate further

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Phaeton
Rising Star

Please see my response to your texts, if you are not going to action replies to texts then maybe using texts are flawed?

4588481819024670773.png

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for updating the ticket.

I'm not sure why the text hasn't come through but we're getting the appointment booked for you now and we'll send confirmation shortly.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Phaeton
Rising Star

@Mav Not sure that it was unhelpful, if you go around removing dissenting posts, how is anybody supposed to know the truth, Plusnet used to the premier ISP until it was taken over by BT & the vast majority of the staff left, it's now a shell of it's former glory & both customers & senior management should know of these facts.

spellchex
Hooked

Exactly Phaeton. Isn't the purpose of a Forum for people to express their frustration and discuss these issue? Removing comments is not fair or helpful

Mav
Fixes: 515

@Phaeton @spellchex

In this instance several similar posts were made in different threads which is against the Forum Rules.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

spellchex
Hooked

Exactly. If this is a real Forum they have to accept criticism and not block people with real issues Plusnet!