cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Termination Charges Waived Near End of Contract ??

clstreet
Hooked

Are Termination Charges Waived Near End of Contract ??

My contract terminates on the 6th September in order to give the required 14 days notice and maintain continued service, can I switch prior to 20 or 30 days without incorporating any early leaving fees?

9 REPLIES 9
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Are Termination Charges Waived Near End of Contract ??

Hi there.

I'm afraid if you cancel your services within a minimum contract term you'll need to pay an early termination fee that we'd work out from Here. If you're moving to another provider who uses the Openreach network like at the same address you're at now, the order they place will take a minimum of 10 working days which will cover the 14 day notice period we require.

Having said that is there anything we can do to keep you as a customer?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clstreet
Hooked

Many thanks for your reply, which was most helpful,

I spoke to your customer Options Dept the other day, and their offer was to pay more than I am paying now, I can get a better deal elsewhere as a new customer and save £60 per year, better in my pocket!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gandalf - Correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression you could leave within the last 30 days of a contract without incurring a penalty.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @clstreet 

I'm happy to arrange for someone to call you back to discuss this further if you'd like to stay with us?

@Mook I'm sorry to say but that's not correct.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Gandalf 

Re your reply to @Anonymous , are you saying that if a customer leaves in the last month of a contract you will still invoke early termination charges even though the customer will have paid for that last month as you bill for services in advance? If so, that seems a little greedy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'll work out a pro-rata refund to cover anything they've paid for a service they've not had and we'll also pro-rata the early termination fee, so in effect they're obviously won't be paying for something we're not providing.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clstreet
Hooked

so, can I just clarify your reply:-

the early cancellation fee quoted on website per month for fibre broadband + phone = £11.29

lets just say my monthly contract is £30.00

If I left within the last month of contract does that mean Plusnet would charge me £11.29 early termination, then taking into consideration 2 weeks notice, therefore I would leave half way through the month therefore from what you saying Plusnet would credit me for say half the month ie £15.00.

Is that how it works?Huh

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post removed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you leave exactly halfway through a billing month and pay £30 in advance then we'd owe you £15 back. 

We'd also charge 50% of the early termination fee listed on our website.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clstreet
Hooked

Thank you for clarifying that for me.