cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet doing work every Tuesday night lately?

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Are Plusnet doing work every Tuesday night lately?

Reason I ask is because last Tuesday around 1:50am and then again tonight at around 00:20am going into Wednesday morning Plusnet have dropped out completely with the router going orange and flashing.

We have two Plusnet connections in our house on two separate phone lines which have both gone down at the same time, so it's not an individual Plusnet account, line or router problem.

I don't mind when these things happen on the odd occasion if Plusnet are doing maintenance as it needs to be done to upgrade and I appreciate that however when it happens again it does get a little annoying.

I watch the Ultimate Fighter on Fight Pass at 2am on Tuesday nights due to them being in the US and twice this has happened (first episode last week and it's doing it again tonight), so it is causing me a lot of inconvenience here.

I also have my lights on this so I'm literally sat in the dark while it's down. 

It's been absolutely spot on other than this with no other drop outs whatsoever and a lovely solid connection.

Hopefully you guys can kindly look into this as like I say, it's happened on two separate accounts on two separate routers on two separate phone lines (mine and my mums).

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you soon Smiley

11 REPLIES 11
Tara123789

Re: Are Plusnet doing work every Tuesday night lately?

Yes this has been happening to me too! I wish we had some notice! Not everyone works 9-5, it's pretty annoying
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for kindly confirming this, yeah as I say we have two separate connections on separate phone lines and separate routers and they've both gone down at the same time.

Both Tuesday nights too into Wednesday morning, both time on Tuesday nights into Wednesday morning. 

Luckily it's come back on for what I want to watch (which I pay for) but last week I did end up missing the first part due to this as it went down 10 minutes before it started.

Thanks for the kind reply Smiley

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@robbieglover2k , @Tara123789 . It is more likely BT/OR doing maintenance on the network than Plusnet, given your description.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi  @robbieglover2k

Thank you for reaching out on our Community forum.

I've had a quick look at the line and would echo @jab1 in that this is most likely BT / Openreach maintenance work being carried out. Prior to last week, the connection does appear to have been very stable for 55 days, and the timing of your drop outs again do indicate that this is most likely maintenance work being done. If your drop outs become more frequent though, please do let us know. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

@jab1 wrote:

@robbieglover2k , @Tara123789 . It is more likely BT/OR doing maintenance on the network than Plusnet, given your description.

Ah yeah, I bet that's what it is, thank you.

Yeah, as I say it's been spot on has my Plusnet ever since they kindly moved my master socket for me last year it's been absolutely great so I wouldn't want that to be an issue anymore but yeah, this must be what it is with them all going down.

Thank you Smiley

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

@adam945 wrote:

Hi  @robbieglover2k

Thank you for reaching out on our Community forum.

I've had a quick look at the line and would echo @jab1 in that this is most likely BT / Openreach maintenance work being carried out. Prior to last week, the connection does appear to have been very stable for 55 days, and the timing of your drop outs again do indicate that this is most likely maintenance work being done. If your drop outs become more frequent though, please do let us know. 

Thank you so much Adam, I appreciate that dearly!!

Yeah as I say, it's been a lovely solid connection other than this but it's really frustrating because they're doing it at a time when I really want it on.

I pay for my Fight Pass each month and every Tuesday night at 2am they've recently started the new Ultimate Fighter episodes which they put on there at that time due to it being live in the US, so we get it all at the same time basically and twice now in a row they have done this which is very frustrating. Luckily last night it came back on again in time after being down for about half an hour or so but the week before they literally did this at 1:50am or something along those lines and it ended up coming on a bit after 2, it's just a pain and inconvenient.

As I say, I don't mind drops when either yourselves or BT are doing maintenance, it's how you improve the service which makes it better for us in the long run too hence why I don't usually mention anything when it happens on the odd occasion and I don't like to complain when you guys do give us truly such a wonderful service.

I guess it was a BT Openreach issue for sure. 

I just wish it wouldn't do it like this as I pay for my Fight Pass and my Plusnet and it's causing inconvenience twice now. 

PS How do I multi quote, I tried to do it with the quotes above but it will only quote one post. I opened up the browser in a separate tab with the reply to each post so I could copy and paste each quote with it doing this but when I copy and paste it doesn't copy the lines in the quote as I wanted to reply to both of you in the same post Smiley

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for your response @robbieglover2k

I can empathise here, nothing worse than paying to watch something, and struggle to actually watch it due to broadband problems, I remember having the same issue when paying to watch the Manchester derby on NOW TV!

As you can imagine though, Openreach tend to carry out their work during the early hours of the morning, and the late hours of the evening when internet traffic is inevitably not so high. As I said though, please let us know if the disconnections become more frequent and we'll happily look into it for you.

In regards to multi-quoting, to be fully honest I'm not too sure, might be worth reaching out to one of our super users to further assistance here, I tend to keep things as simple as possible with my responses haha!

Adam
robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

No worries and thank you, I really appreciate the help you guys give and the communication too so thank you!!

It's great that you guys can kindly shed some light on these things as it baffles us and we don't really know what it is, it's guess work basically haha

But yeah, I get that with the times which is why I say I don't overly mind in general, specially if it's not too much but when it happens a couple of times you do start to wonder why though hopefully that'll be it now and they've done what they needed to do Smiley

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time and help Smiley

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

no problem at all @robbieglover2k

Enjoy the rest of your day. Feel free to give us a shout if you have any further queries.

Adam
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@robbieglover2k wrote:

Thank you so much Adam, I appreciate that dearly!!

I guess it was a BT Openreach issue for sure. 

Hi There Robbie...

@robbieglover2k wrote:

PS How do I multi quote, I tried to do it with the quotes above but it will only quote one post. I opened up the browser in a separate tab with the reply to each post so I could copy and paste each quote with it doing this but when I copy and paste it doesn't copy the lines in the quote as I wanted to reply to both of you in the same post Smiley

And

@adam945 wrote:

In regards to multi-quoting, to be fully honest I'm not too sure, might be worth reaching out to one of our super users to further assistance here, I tend to keep things as simple as possible with my responses haha!

Since Kronos broke the post editor it has indeed been a bit difficult to quote tidily from the post you are replying to and a right royal pain to quote from an entirely different post.  You need to use a couple of the "facilities" in tandem.

1. Reply to the post which contains most of what you want to quote
  2. Hit the " quote function
  3. Edit it down to the bit you want (rather temperamental) I find it useful to add a bit of text below the inserted quote before editing the quoted text to avoid the end of the quote becoming the end of the post inhibiting adding text below the quote
  4. If you want to quote more from the post you are replying to hit the " quote function and repeat
  5. If you want to quote from another post...
    1. Click the "View discussion in a popup" link just below the edit box
    2. In the new tab find the post containing the text you want to quote
    3. Click REPLY
    4. Hit the " quote function
    5. Edit the quoted text down to what you want to quote
    6. Copy all of the text (ctrl+A ctrl+C)
    7. Switch to the prigional tab
    8. Paste (ctrl+V) the other quote into the post where you want it to be
  6. Complete the response
  7. Click POST

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Hi @Townman , thanks for that, I really appreciate it Smiley

Yeah it seems a lot to take in haha but I'll refer to this if need be for when I need to quote a couple of replies, hopefully they'll fix it though because it is difficult to do and I don't want to put multiple posts in the same thread as I would normally reply to them all in the same reply using the quotes but it's too much of a pain to do so and I couldn't work it out either lol

Thank you for that, you took some time and went inn depth there too so it's truly much appreciated Smiley