cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet currently expanding fibre coverage at all?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Are Plusnet currently expanding fibre coverage at all?

Sorry we couldn't be of more help, but BT have been instructed to roll out FTTP 'as quickly as possible' this is the way they have decided to do it - enable the product, but somehow persuaded the regulator to have a semi-monopoly supplier in BT Retail.

John
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

ll@lowfam

I think we have all learned somnething today from your original query and it does look like the way the market is run that you have to move on.

Doing my own checks my exchange offers FTTP but only, I think,to a select few locations so at least I have FTTC or Virgin if I want to push the boat out.

One of the BT deals may be suitable and at least you will get quite a good new router from them.

Let us know how you get on!

lowfam
Dabbler

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice, I am looking at BT, and also Virgin, but they seem rather expensive, TalkTalk seem to be cheapest, but I have concerns about their reputation for unreliability and poor customer support.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Have you considered EE - part of the BT group, but usually cheaper, and if you have an EE mobile you get extra data.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

I'm not aware of prices from BT/Virgin as I'm afraid I'm trying get away from direct involvement with the BT behemoth, and can't get Virgin here, so haven't looked at them. As to TT, I was with them for a couple of years when they took over the UK operations of Tiscali and was less than impressed on the odd occasion when I needed their help - not boasting, but even going back those 11 or 12 years, I knew more than the first and second-line call handlers.

From the odd time I've looked at their forums, responses from TT staff appear to be 'cut and paste', although there are a few community members who will pick up odd topics and help, but personally I won't entertain them.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mustrum wrote:

Have you considered EE - part of the BT group, but usually cheaper, and if you have an EE mobile you get extra data.

My friend is with EE Broadband she has been with them from when they were Orange and has found them to be excellent when the contract is up they always give her a good renewal price for both broadband and mobile phone 

She has never had any account/billing problems with  the broadband or mobile phone accounts Plusnet should use their account system

When she calls 150 from her EE mobile they can deal with either account

You get 5GB extra data not 2GB for existing customers 

Give them a try

HD