Did you mean: 

Apple mobile app problems

FIXED
Jon74
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Apple mobile app problems

Hi

i have an unusual problem with all of the apple products that use WiFi through the Plusnet hub one in my household.

i have a 2017 iPad and iPhone SE and my wife has a 2018 iPad and they all experience the same problems when using a lot of apps, for example - if I am using safari and moving to the next page on a website then the  blue bar along the top that tells you have much of the next page there is to download before moving forward will (about 50%  of the time) get stuck about 1/4 of way along and won’t move any further and the only way to get out of this loop is to shut the safari app down and restart it. The same sort of thing will happen, again as an example, on the eBay app, when you have searched for an item and click on it, it might download the photo but none of the information will appear and it gets stuck, so have to shut the app down and restart it.

For reference we use these 3 apple products in our house and an internet TV that seems to work very well on plus net but no other connections. 

All suggestions as to what the problem is gratefully received!

Thanks 

jon 

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Apple mobile app problems

The first obvious suggestion is to separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840

Try each band in turn and use the best.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jon74
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Apple mobile app problems

Fix

Thanks for the suggestion and all changed over.

ive done a Speedtest and I’m getting much better speed already, up from 25mbps to 34 and the downloading hanging problem doesn’t seem to be reoccurring.

i will see what happens over the next few days.

thanks again!