cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!

helidan
Grafter

Re: Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!

MW45, Plusnet are usually very good at resolving issues and often do so very quickly.  You need to work with them and follow the requested steps through.  You may think that your equipment is not at fault but it could be.  This is why there is published logical fault finding guides.
I advise not suddenly cancelling payment, that could constitute a breach of contract and land you in a bit of hot water.
I had an intermittent fault once which resulted in me pulling my hair out, it even had a BT engineer stumped for a while.  The fault was eventually traced to an extension wire that for some reason had gone bad.  The wire was replaced and the service has been solid ever since.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: helidan
I advise not suddenly cancelling payment, that could constitute a breach of contract and land you in a bit of hot water.

Actually it's not much hot water. What happens INSTANTLY is that you start getting pop up messages when browsing about not paying and you get additional charges added to your account. Amazing how they've invested time and effort in the payment system but not in the customer service. I guess that's what they mean by "cheap"
That said, other posters are right, your connection will only be as good as the weakest link and that may well be inside your house. You do need to let them go through the process but if, like me, you end up running out of patience with waiting for the understaffed call centre or the lack of replies to tickets then you should post here, even if just to show the PlusNet fanboys (of which there are plenty of this forum) that the days when PlusNet was a good company to deal with have sadly passed.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Not so - I've had the best service from plusnet you could imagine during a 5 month marathon to get fibre installed (delays due to openreach)
I'll admit response times to phone and tickets are far too long - but work with them, and they give better service than anyone. I can't imagine having the problems I had and having to deal with an overseas call center as I'd have to with BT or Talk Talk for example.
lorisarvendu
Grafter

I have to ask, why would you start a thread entitled "Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!" on a forum specifically for Plusnet users?  Surely it will only be seen by people who have already joined Plusnet, and not by people who are thinking of joining Plusnet?
"Anyone thinking of leaving Plusnet..." might have been a better option.
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

These forums can be viewed by anyone, but how many potential users would visit is questionable. They are far more likely to look at somewhere like thinkbroadband, Which, MoneySavingExpert etc.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
lorisarvendu
Grafter

One of the problems with looking for ISP comparisons online is that a lot of them are based on customer satisfaction, and in my experience surveys tend to be filled in more by people with bad experiences than good.  You only have to look at this forum to see that the majority of threads seem to be started by people who have a problem and therefore are already negative towards the ISP.  I'm a good example of this - I hardly ever post on here, because I'm generally quite happy with the service I get from PN, and in fact the only threads I've started seem to be when I've had an issue.
Having said that, I've just run through Thinkbroadband's comparison checker and it makes interesting reading.
If you compare AAISP, Zen Internet, IDNet and Plusnet, then our ISP comes bottom.  But if you then look at who actually voted, you find PN's results come from between 1 and 1.2K users, whereas AAISP and IDNET's came from about 50 users, and Zen from 187.  That's too low a sample size to be really meaningful.  I personally wouldn't use this as an excuse to immediately jump ship to Zen Internet (though I'm sure others have).
However, do a comparison between the five Big" names (Plusnet, BT, Talk Talk, Sky and Virgin Media) and you get a different story.  PN do consistently better than the other four, and the sample sizes are high enough to be statistically very sound (BT and Virgin are in excess of 2k).  Personally I think these are far more realistic comparisons and do show that using a large sample group, Plusnet are consistently rated high by their customers in satisfaction, reliability and customer service.
A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@MW45
I understand you're frustrated by a fault, but we need to look into this. There is currently no open fault ticket on your account. Please go through https://faults.plus.net and let us look into this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.