cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!

MW45
Grafter

Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!

Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!! today I have add faster dial-up speeds! And I'm supposed to be on fibre, Unbelievable!
21 REPLIES 21
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Anyone thinking of joining plusnet don't bother!!!

I note from your previous posts you have had issues. Could you outline what has happened with the formal fault reports you've raised please. Have you had an engineer visit?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi MW45,
Sorry to hear about this, I've taken a look at your account and neither the details I can see there or the results of diagnostic checks are indicating any problems.
In order to look into this further we'd next need to identify if this issue affecting your connection directly or is being caused by the WiFi perfomance of your router.
The sure fire way to do this is to connect the router directly to a computer using the network cable provided then run a test at : http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
let us know if that's something you can easily do please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MW45
Grafter

Seems to be working fine again at the moment, but yesterday it was really slow even rebooted the router a few times, I don't think it's a problem with my gear otherwise it wouldn't be working okay at the moment.
picbits
Rising Star

You haven't said if you're using WiFi or a direct wired connection.
If it slows down again, try using a wired connection and see if that helps - you might need to disable the wifi on your device when doing this.
I know on occasion I've had a neighbour with a misbehaving appliance (microwave oven) which has all but killed my wifi signal.
MW45
Grafter

Here we go again!!! this is now ridiculous I can hardly stream videos from YouTube or other sites, if this carries on I will cancel payment with my bank! As I'm not paying for a service I am not getting! (It's on Wi-Fi)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you raise a fault ticket they are going to ask you to connect wired if at all possible.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You need to check using a wired ethernet connection to see if it's a connection problem or a congested wireless channel. If it seems just to be wireless, then you can try another channel, there's also an app you can run to see what channels your neighbours are using.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

What have you done so far to progress resolution of this issue, other than post on here?
Have you raised a fault report here - http://faults.plus.net ?
Have to looked at the WiFi trouble shooting guide here - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml ?
Have you read any of the FTTC diagnostic guides published here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,132989.0.html ?
The app referred to by AO is inSSIDer V3 - V3 is the last free version.  Also consider Acrylic WiFi free from here - https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-software/wlan-scanner-acrylic-wifi-free/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MW45
Grafter

I won't be dragging a desktop PC downstairs to run a wire to the router, never had this problem with any other ISP. Like I said, if it carries on. I will stop payment. Simple as that!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

The probability is that there is a problem with your phone line... posting some of the requested information will help people to assist you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I find the fibre a pretty good product (I'm on FTTP) so I would recomend it. However, if you want the product backed up by a company that does more than lie in its advertising about good service then you're right, go elsewhere.
Everyone who knows anything about customer service (so newsflash for PlusNet),knows  its not about what happens every day, it's about how you handle things when there's a problem. Most of the people posting problems on here (me included) are doing so out of desparation because the call centre is too understaffed and can't cope.
Technical problems are forgivable, administration problems are forgivable. We all live in a world where we don't expect everything to go right all of the time. What isn't forgivable is to be unable to cope and to employ people (I've dealt with a few now) who haven't a clue about customer service. If they've been trained, sack the trainer. If they haven't, stop being so cheap and invest in your employees.
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: MW45
I won't be dragging a desktop PC downstairs to run a wire to the router, never had this problem with any other ISP. Like I said, if it carries on. I will stop payment. Simple as that!

Are you using the same router as you have done with other ISPs?
If you want Plusnet to solve the issues; then can I suggest that you carry out some of their requests rather than simply ranting and threatening to withhold payment.  The latter will cause you more problems than it will solve.
faybill
Dabbler

why not just invest in a long cat6 cable as a backup/test cable --they are inexpensive
tonycollinet
Grafter

MW45 - you need to listen to the people here. If you are on wifi - and there is interference, or your house is blocking signal, then that is outside plusnets control. Cancelling payments will just cause YOU a lot of trouble.
Work with people, and we'll try to get things working better for you. It might mean changing wifi channel. Or you might need a better wifi device (the plusnet FOC supplied router is known for not having the best signal strength)
First step MUST Be to eliminate or confirm wifi as the source of the problem. So either run a long wire, or use/borrow a laptop or similar to plug into the router.