cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having disconnects with Marks Tey (EAMKT) exchange?

disposalist
Grafter

Anyone else having disconnects with Marks Tey (EAMKT) exchange?

I've contacted support and we are doing the usual dance of "has anything changed with your home system" and me, being an IT professional and having made no changes saying "no".  Then them doing a line check and saying it's fine and me saying sure, that's because it's *intermittent* then them saying they will escalate it them me hearing nothing for ages...

In the meantime... is anyone else having problems in the Marks Tey, Essex area?

I'm getting regular disconnects now. The longer red lines on this graph (the shorter are just (just!) severe packet loss!): -

4fdf22c95d2189c3e379245b587b8308be885020-05-08-2018

I've had history of bad performance and disconnects with this exchange, but a few months ago they made a hardware upgrade and switched me to the upgraded system and all was well for months.

How can it all be fine for months then go so badly wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
kevintorode

Re: Anyone else having disconnects with Marks Tey (EAMKT) exchange?

We are supposed to have the top Broadband speed that they do and even BT was better than this load of [-Censored-] I get of this broadband provider 

I Left BT for this reason but they were right does not matter who you are with everything comes through them and will always be [-Censored-].

Still cant understand how I can be getting charged for fibre when I have a overhead telephone line this must be false advertising,

I have been told they are a off shoot of BT and just as [-Censored-] if not worse.

and try to contact them you just get fobbed off so will just live with this [-Censored-] until I can move again

disposalist
Grafter

@kevintorode So, you are on the Marks Tey exchange and getting bad speed? But are you getting disconnects? Like, several a day?

As for the overhead line, that's because we only get fiber to the cabinet (usually at the end of the road) they don't replace the last bit of copper to your house.  That's what the FTTC you sometimes see stands for Fiber To The Cabinet.  It's rare to have FTTP Fiber To The Property, though sometimes companies like Virgin will do a Cable service, but mostly in inner cities.

I sympathise with your problems, of course.  It took me a *long* time to get a good speed and I had to rewire my house including getting a proper engineer to relocate the master socket.  Even then, there were problems at the exchange that took a long time to persuade BT to sort out.

I find Plusnet a good provider - quite responsive with support and the only ones to offer things like a fixed IP address, but, yes, they all use BT's hardware.

Good luck getting it sorted.  It can take a while but it's worth persevering.

3dannyboy5

Yes ive just joined plusnet from Bt thought i would be better off with the several disconnections aday but no.
Seems to be the same or
WORSE.
All i want is what i pay for and not to be fobbed off like Bt used to do.i am paying for
Fibre extra(what ever that means)i live 7 miles south of
Wrexham in N/Wales.
Ok plusnet at the moment is
cheaper than Bt .
But whats the point in changing network for a worse line.not very happy.
sasha33
Grafter

Welcome to the club.