cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to check when a cabinet will be enabled for FTTC?

Mathias
Grafter

Re: Anyone able to check when a cabinet will be enabled for FTTC?

Still waiting for my cabinet to go live, 1 year after the exchange was enabled for FTTC, so don't hold your breath.
This is despite the cabinet itself being installed over a month ago. BT are useless at giving reliable estimates and as bad at actually completing jobs they start.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well at least that's progress for you, if the Cab has actually been installed there is "some" hope Wink
shure
Grafter

my cabinet was installed before the summer and occasionally I see OR engineers playing with it and/or the old PCP cabinet a few metres away, but the Where and When website just lists it as Coming Soon, while the dsl checker sites don't even have fibre listed against my phone number at all, not even a future date.  The OR website has a pdf which lists it as Dec-14, but I'm assuming that's just to show they've actually put the cabinet in, rather than a fixed date, given that I don't think the pdf has been updated for a while.  My LA is pretty tardy on its updates and doesn't have anything other than "Planning and survey work underway or happening soon. Superfast broadband services expected in parts of this area" when I put my postcode in. 
It's a bit annoying, to say the least.  Someone somewhere must have some idea, but they seem strangely reticent in letting the public know.
rodtrotter
Grafter

try http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ thats how i found out about mine