cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone able to check when a cabinet will be enabled for FTTC?

TimStephenson
Grafter

Anyone able to check when a cabinet will be enabled for FTTC?

Hi,
is anyone able to check when a cabinet is going to be enabled for FTTC...?
Our village exchange has just been updated on the Openreach superfast broadband availability site as being an Enabled Area (and is now included in the Openreach list of exchanges accepting orders), but the DSL checker is currently listing our line as being ADSL only as I'd imagine the cabinets are not quite ready yet.
Does anyone have access to find out when a specific cabinet will be switched on?
If someone can help we're connected to Cabinet 1 in Brooke, Norfolk (EABRK).
The target availability date was the end of September so it'd be good to find out how much longer it's all likely to take although things are seemingly moving forwards..
Many thanks!
Tim
18 REPLIES 18
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Anyone able to check when a cabinet will be enabled for FTTC?

Try http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/
There's two lots of info resources there. A postcode checker and the BDUK upgrade information based on the local authority area.
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks. Unfortunately that doesn't really help - it's the same postcode checker (which proclaims my exchange as an Enabled Area), and our local BDUK organisation (BetterBroadbandForNorfolk) seem to have gone completely silent in terms of news since about May Sad
Anotherone
Champion

It should say whether you can order now, or whether it's coming within a specified period. If it say's neither, it sounds like your Cab may not be on the list to be done (yet?). Is your postcode or Cab not mentioned by BetterBroadbandForNorfolk?
tonycollinet
Grafter

What about this one where you can put your actual phone number in. What does that give?

As I understand it, cabs to be upgraded as part of the BDUK projects don't get a predicted date. It just goes live one day. (That was certainly true in my case)

EDIT, the norfolk page says brook could be between end September, and end December.
Mine said "from summer on". I'm finally getting connected tomorrow (I hope)
Anotherone
Champion

Ours do, depends on your local authority. Some are better than others with info.
TimStephenson
Grafter

There's only a couple of cabs in Brooke so with a little luck they'll both be upgraded!
Unfortunately our local authority & BBFN have both gone silent on the fttc rollout... No "news" since about May despite a number of nearby villages going live in the last month or two, but silence seems to be preferred.
I've reached out to the LA to see if they can point me towards someone who actually knows what's going on, but otherwise we'll keep waiting for something to happen.
Ah well!
Anotherone
Champion

Some one in your LA should know because they have to liaise with BT. Check their website see if you can find any names or a contact number. If not, phone and ask.
x47c
Grafter

for comparison my own LA has the following information which was published  near to the beginning of the year on a specific new county council run  BDUK website.
1. An online searchable/interactive map showing which postcodes are being covered and which are not under the BDUK program.
2. A separate similar map showing which cabinets are due to become live in the next 6months.
tonycollinet
Grafter

I meant on the BT system. AIUI, BT's system don't get a predicted date. The LA Sites normally give an aprox time.
Anotherone
Champion

When I put my postcode into the the OR checker it was specific "within the next six months" which it hadn't previously stated - it was the "future planned" (or similar) before, as the Cab wasn't on the roll-out programme at that time, but it is now.
AndyH
Grafter

You can also use the http://www.roadworks.org page to see if BT are doing any work in your area soon that might be on a cabinet upgrade.
Taaketa
Grafter

Have you tired www.samknows.com ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked our suppliers deployment report for FTTC exchanges and cabs and no RFS date set.
My advice would be to try and not let it play on your mind and perhaps check in with us again re that after a few months.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

My advice Adam would be to hassle your Local Authority and get a campaign going asap to get the Cab on the Roll-out programme at the soonest opportunity  Wink