Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems in Lincolnshire

FIXED
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Any problems in Lincolnshire

Just done some speed tests and the upload is about a quarter down on normal  Used to be consistently around the 18.5mb/s mark but currently seem to be languishing in the 13-15mb's on all the sites I've checked. Download speed is reasonable i.e. 60mb/s plus. Congestion?

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
7 REPLIES 7
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Any problems in Lincolnshire

@idonno do you do a lot of uploads ?

a drop of 3mb,s is nowt to worry about

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
idonno
Champion

It can do, depends on how many photos I'm uploading - sometimes hundreds - 12 mb each photo. Time is of the essence 🙂 I see I'm still stuck in the slow lane this morning, so not congestion at this time in the morning. I had a quick peep at the modem stats last night and it was syncing at 13mb as well. 5db both up and down. Considering I'm on 78/20 something seems to have fallen down - again. While the download has varied and slowly crept down over the past year, upload has always been solid in the high 18mb/s

Todays speed test

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

your speedtest looks fine Thumbs_Up

look at mine Shocked  https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1496295769587040455

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd expect your line to be syncing higher based on the estimates:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 69.1 20 20 60.5 Available -- -- Yes --

If you continue to have issues I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
idonno
Champion

Thanks for the reply Chris. I will do. Looks like the gremlins have resurfaced on the line (OR had a couple of goes resolving it only a couple of months ago.

2 speedtests just done (different websites similar results) ..... upload down to 6.8mb 😞

Worse, I see DLM has kicked me into the long grass....47mb/s. I suppose you don't do FTTP in my area yet? 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Fix

@idonno

While I doubt it as you have FTTC, you can follow this guide to find out for yourself:-

First you must be an existing Plusnet broadband customer

Then, check with BT if you are able to get FTTP using the BT Broadband checker at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome?
The results will need to look like this

fttpcapture.PNG
If the first line of the "Featured Products" says "WBC FTTP" then you can apply for the trial at http://trials.plus.net/

Another way is to go to the BT Retail website and see if you can buy Infinity 4 from them (FTTP at 330Mbps download). If you can then you can also apply to join the Plusnet trial or use BT or even Zen (the latter 2 offer FTTP as a product not just a trial)

Finally Plusnet only offer 2 speeds for FTTP, 40Mbps down/2Mbps up or 80Mbps down/20Mbps up. Use BT if you want faster.

There is a complete list of all FTTP providers at

Openreach Ultrafast fibre suppliers

Finally VirginMedia are installing some 2 million FTTTP connections via their Project Lightening before 2019 so it might be a consideration if they are planning to install in your area.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
idonno
Champion

Thanks for that info SpendLessTime Having just done a check, no chance round here then.

Seems I have a fault on my broadband. Just hope things get fixed for the weekend.