cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any options for retaining upload speeds

djbenson
Grafter

Re: Any options for retaining upload speeds

I'm not specifically looking for a faster download speed (although it's always nice to get a faster connection) more prevent reduction of my upload speed.

As for the Fritz!Box settings, I'm not sure that's true (certainly not in my case) as I've entered no such settings for my connection (nor can I find where they would be entered if I wanted to).

djbenson
Grafter

Thanks for investigating @MattyC - your answer seems to indicate I should be able to take a contract extension without affecting my product, but if it does, there are ways to resolve it.

kevinduke
Grafter

Hi

Its in the internet section > Account Information > Internet Connection (Near the bottom)

djbenson
Grafter

Nope Smiley

On this page you enter the data of your Internet connection, and can adjust the connection to special circumstances if needed.

Internet Service Provider

Select your Internet service provider:

Connection

Specify how the Internet connection should be established.

Select this kind of connection when the FRITZ!Box is connected to your DSL line using the DSL cable. The DSL modem integrated in the FRITZ!Box is used for the Internet connection.

Select this kind of connection if the "LAN 1" port of the FRITZ!Box is connected to a cable modem that establishes the Internet connection.

Select this kind of connection if the "LAN 1" port of the FRITZ!Box is connected to an already existing external modem or router.

Account Information

Is account information required?

Enter the Internet account information you received from your Internet service provider.

Connection Settings

The connection settings are already set to the most frequently used values. You can change these values if needed.

Change connection settings
Internet Connection
Clear automatically after seconds
VLAN Settings

Please note that a VLAN ID is required only in special cases. The required ID was supplied by your Internet service provider.

DSL ATM Settings

Encapsulation

PPPoE Passthrough

Enable this option only if you require an additional Internet connection for a certain network device in the home network.

Attention:

No additional costs accrue for the Internet connections established by connected network devices.

kevinduke
Grafter

What version Fritzbox ?

See screenshot.

djbenson
Grafter

Exactly the same as you - however you are using the Plusnet or Openreach modem I presume? I'm using the Fritz!Box internal modem. Makes sense for the setting to exist in your case but not in mine - that's the same page I posted my settings from but the option is disabled if you use the internal modem.

Intrigued as to why you're using the original modem rather than the Fritz!Box one though Smiley

kevinduke
Grafter

I lose about 10 meg in speed using the internal modem (huawei cabinet) so prefer to use the open reach modem that has a broadcom chip set that I can also monitor through dslstats. I can remember putting in 80000 and 20000 when trying the internal modem though.

djbenson
Grafter

I was right Wink The values are read from the DSLAM. Without touching my modem, these are the new values;

Receive Direction Send Direction
Max. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 55000 10000
Min. DSLAM throughput kbit/s 128 128
Attainable throughput kbit/s 36307 4337
Current throughput kbit/s 35060 4329
Seamless rate adaptation   off off

Which is the 55/10 profile that I've just been migrated to.

@MattyC looks like the new profile has taken effect. No substantial change in speeds, upload is syncing sligtly faster, 4.3meg rather than 4.1meg but that could be down to other factors.

Just need to sort out the contract extension now.