Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any movement on Ticket No. 141063924?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Any movement on Ticket No. 141063924?

Ideally I want to see a clear day with no testing going on before I make changes.

Due to the test results I'm currently getting, and the intermittent nature of the drops, it's unlikely that an engineer is going to find anything for you which is why I'm looking at interleaving/stability levels.

The drops this morning could have been caused by Openreach work in the area, but I can't say for sure. I've not been able to find any maintenance or service work going on in your area.

Stability options are available at the expense of speeds, but I doubt you'd notice any different with the throughput.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plusnettony@JonoH The drops prior to 08:00 would be fault related if anything, as I doubt BTOR would be up and about at that time of day!

Let’s leave it over Friday and the weekend and we can pick it up again on Monday. So if I could ask either of you to put a note in your diary to post the radius log on Monday morning that would be appreciated.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Will do Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonoH, @plusnettony - Have the wall clocks at Plusnet stopped?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've literally just been looking at your account.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @plusnettony it was all looking OK over the weekend there but there are still disconnects. Do you have any thoughts on this? Something is obviously not right as it should remain up 24/7 but what this is I don't know.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

The connection is so much better than it was.

However, something still isn't right. My first thought, with the drops being so close together was some form of REIN (Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise), though I can't confirm this. I've got other suspicions, but we'd need an engineer out to look into it to be sure I'm afraid.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @plusnettony - I think we’ll need to go down the route of other suspicions on this one as if it were REIN related then it would (should) have affected my other line, and at the time of writing this has been up for 142 hours.

However, before we call the engineers back in would you care to share (or PM) your thoughts as to what you think it may be?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm about to update the ticket and move it from 'faults' into my pool/workflow. Based on your last comment, it's not what I thought anyway....so we may have to stick with the engineer. The problem is that the fault is so intermittent, the engineer might not see it happening which makes it harder to diagnose.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plusnettony - Well as annoying as it is it is not the end of the world. As noted the connection is a lot more reliable than it was and calling an engineer out to an intermittent fault like this is a complete waste of time and money.

So it makes sense to me to close the ticket, and re-visit it if and when the disconnects become more frequent. Sound reasonable to you?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

As discussed, if you're happy with that, we can do that, but there are a couple of other things I need to check/change.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team