Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of an ECI modem?

GeordieMark
Grafter

Any chance of an ECI modem?

Hey guys,
I know the chances of me getting this are slim to none, but hey, if you don't ask you don't get Smiley
Would it be possible to get an ECI modem sent out? I was getting waaaay less errors when I had my ECI modem, since my last OR visit and he switched it with a Hawaii (even though I can now see my own stats), I've noticed my error rate shoot up and DLM has put interleaved on at a depth of 771, whereas when I had the ECI, I was maxing out at the 40Mbps cap for a few months solid on fastpath.
I'm on an ECI cabinet, so wouldn't it make sense to match it up with the modem, or is that just heresay?
I don't suppose you guys have any spare lying round at PN HQ? Or am I looking at a trip to a certain well known auction site?
Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Any chance of an ECI modem?

OR supply the modem, plusnet only supply the router at this time.
ECI are very cheap on fleebay.. plenty available, I wouldn't pay any more than 10/15 quid.
GeordieMark
Grafter

Indeed, but I know PN sometimes have spares lying round the office... I did originally have an ECI but OR swapped it for an HG612 as that's all he had in the van, and since then DLM has kicked in due to errors, ,errors which I didn't seem to have anywhere near as many of on the ECI.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I asked a couple of people around the office and unfortunately we don't seem to have any laying around  Undecided Sorry.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
GeordieMark
Grafter

No problem Harry, I appreciate you asking round Smiley