Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance of a lne test, please?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Any chance of a lne test, please?

I can see our Faults team have picked this up this morning.
You should get a update shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyH
Grafter

@ Jaggies - I asked about the crosstalk result on the GEA test and basically it only shows yes if there is a "higher than the predicted level of crosstalk detected". The test is also for information purposes only as no one can do anything about crosstalk until vectoring is introduced next year.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Thanks guys.
I've been asked for access times for an engineer visit to deal with the "below par synch speeds".
We'll see what becomes of that.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Just as an update to this thread - I wasn't able to get an engineer at a time that suited me, and so "the supplier" closed the fault.
However, I think we might be looking at G.INP as per the long thread about it.
The size of the drop in synch, and the timing of it, is at the very least suspicious, and the fact that my line profile has changed to "0.128M-74M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-17M Upstream, Error Protection Off" tells me it is enabled, however I can't get this information from the TP-Link router. I sent an enquiry to TP-Link last night, and got this reply this morning:
This 9980 supports G.INP while not for the G. vector .And the G. vector feature will be add in the second quarter, the exact time can't confirm

There's no visible way of checking this in the router GUI, and I don't think StatPOSTer is giving this info - I can't immediately see anything resembling G.INP anywhere, and I have downloaded the latest version.
That leaves two possibilities - (1) (This version of) StatPOSTer can't see if G.INP is enabled or not. (2) (This version of) StatPOSTer is not asking the router if G.INP is enabled.
In any case, if G.INP is working on this router, then there must be a different explanation for the drop in synch.
Further thoughts welcomed...
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

StatPOSTer just lists whatever information is available, there's not much available and a lot of it didn't appear to ever get filled in, and so will always be a load of zeroes. Apparently uploading a specially modified config file to gain telnet shell access doesn't work or at least is a non-starter if decrypting the config file doesn't work. Besides convincing TP-Link to give better access or better information in newer firmware, there's only opening the case and soldering something onto the serial port connectors.
JHewess
Grafter

@ Jaggies
I've experienced the same with my 9980 whose symptoms were exactly the same as my ECI OR modem. Upon switching to a HG612 which I'd unlocked and updated, everything returned back to normal and g.inp was enabled.
I've also been in touch with tp-link and am currently on to a senior engineer who has contacted lantiq. Their initial response was the same as they gave you. I'm not convinced however that the 9980 is fully g.inp compliant. It may well be capable on a hardware level, but as it was displaying the exact same results as the ECI (which apparently needs an update before it's complint), I doubt it is on a software one.
There's also the possibly I suppose that there's some sort of bug with the dslam g.inp implementation which only "likes" certain chipsets, but that's pure speculation. With any luck BT will sort something if it is.
I'm more than happy to share what limited info they've given me so far if it's any use to you. It may mean more to you than it does to me.
As for statPOSTer, I had limited success too. My 9980 was recording FEC errors which would indicate the presence of interleaving, but the interleaving depth was showing as zero. Now whether it was actually zero or was just the router not reporting the value is anyone's guess. Telnet was equally as uninformative. My line test from plusnet also said that interleaving was off at the time.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Yes. I'm considering changing to something a bit less stingy with information and I am mulling over a few options.
I'd be happy to hear what information you may glean from TP-Link, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
darklight
Grafter

@JHewess I'm having problem with my speed dropping by 10mbps down, 63mbps profile not happy at all down to G.INP i guess, i noticed they sell HG612 on ebay unlucked and latest firmware installed with 38M (A2pv6C038m.d24j) not sure if that is the latest FW which did you install on yours?
JHewess
Grafter

I installed Howling Wolf's SP08 version (with gui) from this link over @ Kitz: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14262.0.html
My speed dropped down to the mid 60s too using the ECI. Switched over to the Huawei and they instantly recovered back up to the high 70s. Needed a profile increase on plusnet's end, but that was it.
JHewess
Grafter

@ Jaggies. Sorry didn't see your reply. Sure, I'll let you know if they come up with anything, but yeah, I get the feeling they're just going through the motions too. Not to mention the apparent language barrier. To say that it's clear that they know nothing about the particulars of the UK's broadband infrastructure is an understatement. At one point they were trying to tell me that I was in a better position to get specific technical info from Openreach. Yeah, righto.
JHewess
Grafter

Jaggies, a little update for you with regards to the 9980. I've had quite a bit of contact with TP-Link and have done several data captures for them using a test firmware and some Lantiq software that they sent me. They've now sent me a beta firmware to test to see if it works with g.inp, as well as asking me to do a few more tests. I'll probably give this firmware a try over the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. 
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for that. I'd be interested in the results, even though the TP-Link is, as of this evening, disconnected from my line.
Last weekend I ordered a Billion BiPAC 8800AXL. I got it installed this evening, and I've gained back a large chunk of my synch in both directions - now connected at the following:
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 15773
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 54281
Big difference on the TBB monitor as well:
My Broadband Ping
Now just waiting for my Current Line Speed to catch up with the changes...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Looks like the profile updated last night but your connection hasn't dropped yet.
If you log into your router and disconnect then reconnect you'll pick up the new profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Cheers. Noticed the update this morning but didn't have time to reconnect. Will try later when I'm at home.
JHewess
Grafter