cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

What happens if a engineer is insisted by plusnet and no fault is found and a fee is raised, would the customer have to pay for a visit they didnt wanted?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

^^ this - I never wanted engineer to come out because it waste of time in my view! to avoid any fee of SFI
AndyH
Grafter

I've been told to try my normal login in case its isolated to the IPv6 trial, however I fail to see how it can be when other ISP users on my exchange are affected.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
I've been told to try my normal login in case its isolated to the IPv6 trial, however I fail to see how it can be when other ISP users on my exchange are affected.

yeah thats why I switched accounts, to preempt the request, I will go back to ipv6 tonight or tommorow.
deathtrap
Grafter

Why are plusnet treating this as a connection fault when clearly it isn't a fault with the end users connection from the Dslam to their NTE , Someone has possibly been approaching this incorrectly, or is being fobbed off by BT wholesale maybe, when others are seeing similar issues it's a problem with their core network
deathtrap
Grafter

Things are starting to slow and throughput become somewhat erratic and jitter is just starting to rear it's head too, no packet loss as yet
chrcoluk
Grafter

I am downloading a 40 gig game which seems mostly at max throughput but is pauses where it stops, but regardless things seem ok for me at the moment.
Interesting that your congestion shows same pattern as mine has with both 1x and 6x.
deathtrap
Grafter

Yes, and if i try downloading a 10gb test file it will not max  up and down like the graph ( like a yoyo)  it's happened far too many times over the past 18 + mths in the past shortly after more capacity was added the problem disappeared  for a short time before it returned as the customer base grew although there was a longish period where throughput wasn't hardly affected during peak time and there was no jitter ect on the ping graphs from last summer towards Christmas iirc
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: deathtrap
Yes, and if i try downloading a 10gb test file it will not max  up and down like the graph ( like a yoyo)  it's happened far too many times over the past 18 + mths in the past shortly after more capacity was added the problem disappeared  for a short time before it returned as the customer base grew although there was a longish period where throughput wasn't hardly affected during peak time and there was no jitter ect on the ping graphs from last summer towards Christmas iirc

It depends who's point of view your coming from, my graph on the downstream jitter shows that it gets worse towards Christmas.
Melancholie
Grafter

FYI Plusnet bods - AAISP confirm seeing latency and loss on all BT lines they have going through Hunslet and have raised a case with BT Wholesale.
Sounds like the issue is a bit further into the core than an SVLAN, hence why your report stated there were no capacity issues there.
Fingers crossed BTW aren't overbooking LAGs to flatter the SVLAN report! Smiley
deathtrap
Grafter

There will always be variables , but i would be interested to see details of the BT wholesale  capacity on a graph so a comparison could be made between plusnet's network and BT wholesale
No doubt what we as customers see could be down to either or both Sunday and Monday nights  jitter/ loss of throughput is a strange one, not in all the years that i have had bb have i seen problems on those nights it don't add up,
chrcoluk
Grafter

I reread my ticket response on my phone, I can confirm whoever answered my ticket completely ignored what I said, as if plusnet have switched to some stupid script process on fault finding, the guy did a line test, it came back ok and as such he said nothing was wrong.
Completely ignored me telling him to do a capacity check on BT wholesale network.
AndyH
Grafter

Norwich is another problem area at the moment - http://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/fault-outage-details.aspx?reference=1738
nbk
Grafter

Welp, this is fun...
6pm and speeds dropped from the usual ~76Mb to...yeah
and the TBB speedtest said it's very eratic...looks it too
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I am going to check mine now on TBB . bear with me
Updated> Yep there seem a big problem with BT Network SVLANs. Plusnet need to raise this with BTw