cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any capacity issues?

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Any capacity issues?

ok marco polo on netflix makes it to 720p but wont go any higher, I assume it should be able to get to 1080p super hd.
youtube doesnt buffer but I do have dash disabled meaning it can buffer ahead unlimited which will give it some immunity to variable network speeds.
The silence is concerning, not even plusnet reps making any comments.  Last time we had BTw issues a rep was following it up and gave us updates.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://aastatus.net/recent.cgi
"We did not see any congestion over night on the affected circuits but we will continue monitoring all affected lines and post another update on Monday."
I see packet loss still....
chrcoluk
Grafter

for me things are much better tonight.
1080p on netflix also.
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Your graph is broke atm so I can't see, I was checking Melancholie's graph. Bonus anyway if things are better, but I suspect it's just  a lower volume of traffic seeing as it is friday!
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: 11110_110
I suspect it's just  a lower volume of traffic seeing as it is friday!

This. Friday isn't a busy day. Sunday and Monday will suck.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Curently I am on my normal account, incase plusnet wanted to blame the ipv6 test account.
My tbb for that is here. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/940ccd86cab6d68132643c62277678e6.html
Plus my router been down for much of the day as I was doing some reconfiguring work.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Quote from: 11110_110
Your graph is broke atm so I can't see, I was checking Melancholie's graph. Bonus anyway if things are better, but I suspect it's just  a lower volume of traffic seeing as it is friday!

Not arguing the reason, was just reporting 😛
Melancholie
Grafter

Yeah not much to report. Not going to test obsessively as it's same thing, different day.

chrcoluk
Grafter

I just had a thought, my normal account has pro activated, might explain the improvements tonight.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm not sure how I've missed this thread.
@Melancholie
The VLAN you're on is reporting as 'BLUE', which is the best they get so at the moment we're not being advised of any congestion there.
@chrcoluk
There is some BTW work in your area on the 13th, but this is to replace a line card rather than to increase capacity so I can't see that being the cause.
I need to have a look at a couple of things but the people I'd like to speak to aren't in at the weekends. Give me a shout if I don't reply on Monday as I'd really like to see what's going on here!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrcoluk
Grafter

ok thanks for replying Chris.
Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm not sure how I've missed this thread.
@Melancholie
The VLAN you're on is reporting as 'BLUE', which is the best they get so at the moment we're not being advised of any congestion there.

Hi Chris,
I guess they updated the reports; earlier in the week it was green, though you guys informed it was blue. There were no 'blue' SFBB ports on the exchange at the time of that update.
It does seem odd that hundreds of SVLANs went amber over the Christmas period while the load on this one apparently dropped.
I guess I'm stuck between BTW and ISP if they are denying there's a problem.
It's not horribly service affecting though I can't say I'm enjoying having my second bout of apparent network capacity issues in less than a year. Last time the SVLAN showed green/blue all the time, too, but for whatever reason after a few weeks was upgraded and the issue went away. Odd thing to do given that according to the report it was fine but it seemed to do the trick.
Chris
Legend

I think something is wrong somewhere! Either the report or something else. I'm going to ask one of my colleagues to have a look for me on Monday.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Laptop connected to wlan via homeplug wifi lastnight and today.
Chris
Legend

I can't see any issues on there. There's no packet loss showing and the small yellow increases are perfectly normal when the connection is being used.