Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anticipating no change to speed

FIXED
fred77
Rising Star

Anticipating no change to speed

Hello.

My Plusnet service will start early December. Currently enjoying 35 mbps down and 6mbps up with BT using their Smart Hub. Rock solid.  As I see it nothing changes, same line, distance, exchange, etc. I could even keep using the BT Smart Hub presumably? Am I correct in assuming I shall still get the same speed and stability when I go live with Plusnet? (The difference to me is the cost...nearly half which BT is charging!)

Any views gratefully received.

Thanks.

John

2 REPLIES 2
Gladstone
Rising Star

Re: Anticipating no change to speed

Everything is the same apart from the servers (gateways?) that handle how traffic is routed, as far as i understand, which are operated by Plusnet. I'm sure other forum users are able to give a better explanation Smiley

I've never had problems with the Plusnet side of things but have been having a lot of hassle with the BT network side. If your current BT connection is good then I can't see how Plusnet can be any worse (or better). They're much the same.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Anticipating no change to speed

Fix

Hi John, the service is provided over the same infrastructure in general we do have our own points of presence around the country, but the exchange/cabinet and cabling from there is the same. Yes you should be able to continue using your smart hub, the settings will just need updating to use the Plusnet connection details here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.